Technical Software Project Manager (Agile / SCRUM) (x4)
- Role: Technical Software Project Manager (Agile /SCRUM)
- Salary:up to £50k + £7.5k Car Allowance + 5% Bonus + Private Health etc
- Location: Worcester
Company & Role Overview
I’ve spoken to the hiring manager and the requirement is for 4 highly Technical Software Project Managers who are used to working with Agile / SCRUM development teams in delivering complex software solutions. It is worth noting that the PMs that will be successful will be highly technical - you won’t need to be able to write code but will need to be intimately familiar with the SDLC and understand the inner works of Dev teams.
They are a subsidiary of a larger parent organisation and this small hub is now being seen as the future of the company so a huge amount of investment is going in now so that they are well ahead of in their market and remain dominant. They have some great ideas of how to innovate, they have the ideas but they now need a strong team to help they make them a reality.
The company has been very successful and are in a considerable growth phase whereby they are almost doubling the size of the UK team - from 35 people to 60, they currently have 3 senior Project Managers there who are overloaded and so need another 4 project manager to take on some new projects.
Their current staff includes 70 people in IT globally, 35 of which are in the UK with 2 sites.
There would be a few week-long international paid trips to company sites - so someone who is comfortable with air travel and staying away for 1-2 week periods is essential.
The person best suited to this role would be:
(Technical Delivery Managers / Software Development Managers / Technical Software PMs from a coding background / Software Team Leads or Managers who want to move away from a mainly technical role and embrace project management.)
- Very technical with lots of experience within the SDLC - The person would be expected to have technical knowledge of Source / Version control - so someone from a Development background would be ideal i.e. an ex-developer / coder.
- Highly intelligent and well presented as the role would involve contact with people at various levels in the business.
- Have experience of managing medium sized software development projects, using distributed teams (not deal breaker) and working within formal software development processes.
- Guide a number of small, agile, multi-disciplinary, distributed teams.
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Proven track record of developing project metrics and using historical data to produce realistic project plans.
- Salary: Up to £50k plus £7.5K car allowance
- up to 5% bonus
- 7% pension contribution,
- Personal Health Insurance
- Life Assurance,
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers (via salary sacrifice)
If you feel you’d be a good match for the role, please apply now. If you would like to find out more, please feel free to get in touch.
Rebel Recruiters is an equal opportunities employer
- Version Control