Technical Services Special Project Officer
Special Project Officer
Salary: Grade 5 (£21,589 to £23,836)
Hours: Full Time - 37 Hours per week (Flexi Time)
Work Pattern: Mon - Fri
Location: Rotherham Workshops / Headquarters
An opportunity has arisen within our client’s Technical Services section for a Special Projects Officer, to proactively progress the research and development of Technical Services mainstream and special projects work in order to improve and increase the efficiency of FRS emergency response capabilities throughout South Yorkshire. To work as part of the equipment management team to maintain, monitor, improve and implement the necessary action to ensure continuity of an effective emergency response service based at between Service Headquarters in Sheffield, and Rotherham Workshops.
Applications would be welcomed from individuals who are able to show an analytical approach to problem solving and are able to work on several projects simultaneously. Further experience of managing roll out programs would be a distinct advantage.
The key duties will include
- To assist and support the Operational Steering Groups and other members of Support Services to ensure the effective provision of operational equipment and breathing apparatus in support of service delivery.
- Support the development of the capital scheme within the Technical Services department.
- Forecast the replacement of operational equipment utilising the pipeline.
- Preparing reports and recommendations regarding the development and use of operational equipment.
- To assist in technical evaluations and risk assessments regarding the development and use of new operational equipment.
- Assist in the monitoring of new operational equipment and associated procedures also to recommend/implement initiatives on potential areas of improvement.
- Monitoring the technical /operational needs in conjunction with the Group Manager Operational Risk Management, other members of support services and Health & Safety Section.
- To attend and participate in relevant training programs, technical courses and seminars commensurate with the post and developmental requirements and communicate information in accordance with service procedures and requirements
- To identify areas to improve performance and efficiency in areas of operational activity, fire service premises, equipment and vehicles for the benefit of the community.
- To assist in the management of targets and goals for the implementation of projects within the department.
- To establish and maintain relationships with suppliers of technical services and to obtain quotations from suppliers and manufactures on items of equipment or services required for service delivery.
- To gather and monitor information from other emergency response and service providers on equipment usage for Technical Services area of responsibility and present conclusions and recommendations relating to evaluations undertaken by crews, individuals and outside bodies.
- To attend internal and external meetings and seminars as required and communicate information in accordance with Service procedures and requirements.
- Assist with investigations into defective, damaged or failing equipment.
Closing date for applications will be 23:59 hours on 29 May 2020
Interviews will be held week commencing 15 June 2020
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
All applications will be given equal consideration and we particularly welcome applications from individuals from Black or Minority Ethnic backgrounds (BME), women, those who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT) or are registered as disabled as these groups are currently underrepresented within their workforce. They also offer a guaranteed interview scheme in relation to disability and further details of this can be found on our website.
Please note the appointment is subject to successful pre-employment screening i.e. asylum and immigration check, references, medical screening, substance misuse testing and Disclosure Scotland Criminal Records Check or Enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) if applicable.
No agencies please.
- Emergency Services
- Technical Services
- Special Projects
- Fire Services
- FRS emergency response