Technical Services Officer - Tingley
Band 5 - £22,400 - £29,200 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of NHS Professionals IT Team based in Tingley.
Reporting to theIT Service Delivery Manager, this Technical Services Officer role will be involved in;
- The day to day second line resolution of incidents, service requests and effecting approved changes
- Hands on IT technical support via face to face, remote access and phone, supporting the NHSP IT estate and employees
- Configuration, deployment and maintenance of desktop PCs and laptops
- Configuration, support and maintenance of mobile and audio visual technology
- Updating of incident and request tickets within the Service Management tool
- Documentation of procedures
- Project work as required
- Compliance with operational processes (e.g. Incident Management, Request Management, Major Incident Management)
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, on shift between 8am-6pm
- Participation in the On Call rota
- Some travel (2 days a month) within England will be required to support satellite offices
Key Skills and Experience
- Sufficient years in a technical role, supporting desktop hardware and supporting/ maintaining Microsoft technologies and solutions.
- Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, Windows 10, Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, Citrix, VMWare, Sophos, networking
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent.
- Candidates will have a strong technical ability and a high standard of communication.
- Holding a clean driving license would be an advantage
NHS Professionals is owned by the Department of Health and is the leading provider of managed flexible workforce services to the NHS. Simply, we provide more than 100,000 healthcare professionals including; nurses, doctors, midwives, allied health professionals and administrative staff to work shifts via our bank at our NHS client Trusts across the UK.
We offer very competitive terms and conditions which include an attractive basic salary offering progression for exceptional performers, an incentive plan, access to a stakeholder pension scheme, 27 days’ annual leave per year (rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service) plus public holidays.
In addition, other benefits offered include health and well-being support, access to a discount scheme and an employee recognition scheme.
Please note: NHS Professionals moved to Limited Company Status in 2010 and therefore Agenda for Change terms and conditions including access to the NHS Pension are not applicable to this role.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received. We will not contact unsuccessful applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 14 days of the vacancy closing, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Communication Skills
- 2nd line support
- supporting and maintaining microsoft technologies
- • Experience in building and deploying laptops and PC’s desktop images
- • Experience in rolling out software