Technical Services Manager
About the role:
We are looking for a Technical Services Manager to join our team. This is an exciting time to join us and you will be working at our brand new site, based near to Chichester, West Sussex.
Are you an experienced Technical Manager within the food Manufacturing industry looking for a new challenge?
If so we would like to hear from you!
You will have 4 direct reports who look after specifications, complaints, data analysis and customer codes of practice.
The role will involve managing the Technical Services team and being responsible for customer reporting and communication.
This role would suit someone who is deadline focussed, a good communicator, understanding of customer needs, organised and enthusiastic. Customers involve all Retailers and some Foodservice customers.
Role type: Permanent.
Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm - Monday - Friday
About the role:
To be Accountable for the Group Quality Management System.
To be responsible for the management of the Technical Services team and the activities commensurate with their roles.
- Responsible for the Group Quality Management System
- Responsible for the team delivering Technical and Customer Reports
- Responsible for undertaking Customer Code Of Practices Gap Analysis and liaising with sites to implement
- Responsible for managing all aspects of all customer complaints.
- Management of the Internal Benchmarking process
- Responsible for the team delivering Specifications, Sign Offs, Ice Prints, Labels
- Supporting the Supplier Technical Compliance team
- Support wider Technical Team in Food Safety Incidents
- Supporting sites with the administration of the QIP
- Management of external Technical Service Providers
- Group Quality Management System
- Successful delivery of outputs by the Technical Services Team
- External Technical Service Providers compliance with relevant Customer Code Of Practices
- Proactive and Organised
- Analytical & Methodical
- Attention to Detail
- Good communication skills, written and spoken
- Completer - Finisher
- Adept at prioritising and managing a changing workload
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Food Industry Technical Experience
- Customer reporting
- Experience of working in a food FMCG business
- Experience of managing QMS
- Excellent IT skills especially MS Office packages
- Working knowledge of factory processes
Qualifications (Desirable not essential)
- Food related degree qualification
- Food Hygiene
- HACCP training
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient food such as prepared salad and fruit, food to go, dressed salads, coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating at four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:
- A competitive salary plus company performance related bonus.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday.
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Free parking available across all sites.
- Relocation packages available.
About the office location:
All four sites are located close to the bottom of the A3 and M27, surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy.
What to do next…
We really hope this has piqued your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the 'apply' button today and our friendly internal recruitment team will be in touch!
If you aspire to work in a fast-paced business that is growing from strength to strength, join us. You'll not only find this a brilliant place to work but also a dynamic business you can take pride in being a part of.
We're also proud to say we're an equal opportunities employer.
Key skills: Technical Compliance Manager, Auditor, Central Technical, Group compliance Manager, Technical Services Manager, Manager, Management, Auditing, Retail, Supermarkets, Retailers, Food Industry, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, #Chichester, #NWF
- Food Industry
- Food Manufacturing
- Technical Services Manager
- Technical Compliance Manager
- Central Technical
- Group compliance Manager