Technical Services Manager - Client Direct - Docklands - Data Centre - 72K
Do you work in a critical engineering or data centre environment?
Would you like to opportunity to work client direct?
If so please read on...
One of the leading data centre providers in the UK and Europe are currently looking to expand and have the need for a technical services manager to be based at one of their key sites based in the Docklands, East London.
The role will be working very closely with the UK Engineering Manager ensure optimum performance and longevity by implementing and supervising the planned preventative maintenance programme and through regular testing and will be responsible for managing the infrastructure within the data centre.
The package for the role includes:
- Salary up to 72K
- 25 Days holiday
The main duties of the roles are as follows:
- Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the raised floor environment including fire/life safety, plumbing, mechanical, bonding, interduct, wire ways, and electrical systems and equipment.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
- Maintain cost effective and efficient operation of all building systems.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the activities of contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing work within the assigned property.
- Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Coordinate the input and output of the preventive maintenance system and review the status on a monthly basis.
- Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance program on an on-going basis.
- Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations.
- Maintain lighting in all areas of the building.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
- Monitor all allocations of building system capabilities to various base building and tenant needs.
- Act as primary technical resource for Building Engineers and Property Management.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and capabilities of employees and contractors; ensure adherence to safety requirements and prescribed procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilisation of protective equipment.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant and engineers.
- Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, owners, property management and vendors.
- Coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation, requisitions, and government agencies as relates to building operations.
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Electrical engineering qualification (Current AP certification desirable)
- Extremely collaborative leader with ability to be flexible and decisive when managing crisis situations.
- Motivated to work at a company that focuses on mission critical customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
- Extensive experience managing 24/7 shift rotations
- Previous experience dealing with critical crisis situations
- Previous experience on structuring policies and procedures
- Excellent organisation skills and experience with implementing and monitoring operations procedures in a 24/7 customer facing organisation
- Sound problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building, and facilitation skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact across diverse audiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interactions with all levels of management and with external constituents
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job