Established in 1997, Active Business Communications Ltd helps growing businesses improve efficiency and solve problems using IT and Telecomms technology. With ambitious growth plans, we currently have around 40 people in our team. This is a rare opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our leadership team and play your part in shaping and driving the development of Active to the mutual benefit of its customers and employees.
- Leading and managing a team of 12
- Overseeing and coordinating the day to day service desk and support activities
- Supporting solution design and overseeing project implementation
- Planning and managing the allocation of resource across the range of technical services activities
- Supporting the team in the resolution of high profile technical incidents
- Establishing and maintaining a training needs program
- Designing, implementing and maintaining information systems to record processes and knowledge
- Preparing management information on team performance
- Managing partner relationships to leverage support and training services
We’re looking for an exceptional, results oriented, quality focused Technical Services Manager with the enthusiasm, technical ability and management experience to lead our team of 12 to deliver high-quality service to our customers. You’ll add value with your technical skills and your ability to leverage partner relationships help your team solve problems. Leading by example you’ll set high standards for your team and engage them in continually improving processes and procedures to drive quality and efficiency.
You’ll be a clear and confident communicator, able to translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences and equally you’ll be a naturally curious and empathetic listener. This is also the essence of what makes you an engaging leader, who sets and agrees clear expectations, encourages, supports and coaches your people and emphasises the need to deliver results every day.
As a highly proactive team player, you’ll enjoy collaborating with others solve problems and will thrive on using your your resourcefulness to come up with new and more efficient ways of working in our ever-changing world.
Skills and Experience
- IT / Telecomms Service Delivery Management within SME businesses service providers (essential)
- Line management of technical teams; recruiting training, developing through coaching and mentoring, managing performance (essential)
- Managing and embedding change
- Designing technical Service Delivery and quality management models (essential) ITIL trained and certified (desirable)
- Project Management methods (essential) prince 2 practitioner (desirable)
- MS Office suite, proficient in excel (essential)
- Full driving licence (essential)
Specific technical knowledge
A working knowledge of relevant IT and Telecomms technologies;
- Internet connectivity (ADSL, Fibre, Leased Line & MPLS)
- Traditional fixed line and IP telephony (BT Open Reach, Gamma SIP)
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Windows Desktop 7 / 8 / 10, Internet Information Services Administration, Exchange administration, Managing Active Directory & Group Policy
- Hypervisor Technology - VMWare & Hyper V
- Network and Software Security Information security and risk management - back-up and storage
- Networking - firewall rules, LAN, WAN and VLAN configuration
- Microsoft Office 365 installation, configuration, data migration, administration
This role offers responsibility and autonomy, a flexible approach to work , a smart and professional working environment and a full package of benefits including: competitive guaranteed salary, option for company car, health care scheme, 28 days annual leave, free parking.
If you have the skills, experience, track record and enthusiasm to take on this challenge and succeed in a fast moving, competitive technology based environment, we would really like to hear from you!
- Customer Service
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Technical Skills
- People Management