Technical Services and Interpretation Manager
The role of the Technical Services and Interpretation Manager is to ensure the delivery of an excellent service to customers and support the development, management and growth of our (ALcontrol Tribology) customer base. The role holder will play a major part in ensuring maximum customer satisfaction and revenue opportunities from organic growth and driving price improvement from the customer base.
Other duties include:
- Management of the Technical Department at Conwy
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the overall business unit management plan.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic objectives for the business unit including pricing, staff development, sales and marketing.
- To conduct visits to customers in line with Key Account Responsibilities, as identified by the Commercial Manager, in line with service level agreements and/or customer expectations and/or the business unit’s commitment to service excellence.
- To contribute to effective site cost management and help develop and implement cost reduction ideas.
- To work with the Commercial Manager to set and implement Operational KPI’s within the Technical department, ensuring productivity improvements year on year.
- To lead and support projects identified by the Commercial Manager, reflecting the needs of the business.
- To consciously promote the development of excellent customer relationships through their own activity and that of all other staff, to help lead the move towards the oil division becoming ICS accredited.
- To ensure all sales growth opportunities are reported to the Commercial Manager and captured on the sales pipe-line report.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in Technical roles within the oil analysis or general engineering field
- Able to demonstrate depth of technical knowledge and sound understanding of oil analysis
- Experience of having operated successfully in Leadership roles within similar environment
- Excellent client relationship management skills demonstrating proven business advantages as an outcome
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with stakeholders, reliable and tight communication with Senior Managers
- High standards of numeracy and written communication
- Customer Service focused, leader with good problem solving and communication skills
- Commercially aware and able to analyse business data to support business growth.
- A flexible, team orientated attitude, willing to contribute own skills and work in lean, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrable commitment to partnership working with a range of internal / external stakeholders
- Hold a recognised oil analysis qualification ie. BINDT level 11
- Experience of working in laboratories within the Oil & Fuel industry
- Technical Team
- Technical Information
- Team Leadership
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job