Technical Service Manager
BillerudKorsnäs provide high quality paper and state-of-the-art packaging expertise. Together with their global network of converters, they develop smarter packaging solutions that reduce costs, boost brands and contribute towards smoother logistics and a cleaner environment. They have a turnover of SEK 20 billion and employ 4,400 people in 13 countries.
Beetham Mill produces paper for medical device packaging, food packaging and other types of industrial purposes. Specific applications include grease-resistant paper for fast-food industry and direct-seal sterile barrier paper for single use medical devices with production capacity of 45000 tonnes/year and 140 employees.
BillerudKorsnäs are now looking to recruit a Technical Service Manager for the Beetham Mill in Cumbria, UK. The main objective of the role is to provide technical support regarding our products, network with the Mill production and technical teams and provide technical advice to customers. In addition, you will provide technical support to our sales team for products manufactured at the Mill, handle technical issues that arise and manage complaints for customers in a timely and effective manner.
The focus of this role is to provide technical support, advice and representation to customers and sales resources with regard to products manufactured on site. You will be required to develop strong internal relationships and have the ability to communicate with others across the site, with awareness of the current and future market technical demands. The role involves working with the global Sales team and with regular communication with a larger team in Sweden and therefore, good communication and teamwork is essential for this role.
- Customer & brand owner technical support & visits relating to trials, developments & claims.
- Claim investigation (liaising with the technical department & production at the mill, monitoring and reporting).
- Advise and support Sales Managers on product specification in line with customer requirements and demand.
- Update technical data reports and technical specifications.
- Coordinate competitor sample testing and carry out analysis.
- Compile technical product & market information.
- Arrange product seminars for customer and internal training sessions.
- Coordinate & support customer questionnaire completion.
- Organise & support customer audits.
- Provide internal expertise with regard to the customer converting process, product technical demands & development outlook.
- Support business development activities, sales promotion materials, test data & samples.
- Scientific related University degree preferred - Paper, Packaging, Ink, Chemistry, Technical or Engineering related.
- Relevant Industry Experience - Pulp, Paper, Packaging, Converting.
- Driven with the enthusiasm to work well within a team and with customers.
- Strategic, methodical approach.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- Confidence to take ownership of issues and resolve problems and complaints.
- Strong communication skills - with the ability to listen to the customer demands, communicating and present well externally on behalf of the business.
- Willingness to travel in Europe and Overseas.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants - Vitae Selection.
Due to the volume of responses our team are unable to acknowledge every application, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days it is likely that your application has not been successful.
- Communication Skills
- Technical Skills
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"