You will have a background in electrical engineering as well as good IT knowledge - ideally having experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive supplier.
Key roles and responsibilities
The main function of this position is to provide in-house and on-site customer support as well as undertaking commissioning and testing for the companies software and electronic test and assembly solutions installed on our customers sites.
The support team provide customer support of our end-of-line test systems and this includes
- Shop floor PC hardware and operating systems including our Sextans test application
- Test hardware including mechanical and electrical systems
- Server Systems running our Orion web based reporting system and system configuration tools
Most systems are Windows based, requiring housekeeping, documentation and record keeping with regular customer liaison. The position requires a significant input into the definition and maintenance of systems documentation for installed facilities.
The position requires participation in a 24/7 on-call schedule on rotation to provide support to our customer base, this would involve initial contact, remote access and problem solving as well as site visits.
- Degree or HND / HNC in a relevant discipline
- Time served will also be taken into consideration
2 - 4 years relevant experience in one or more of:
- Electronics / PLC control systems
- PC hardware, software including networking and cabling
- Vehicle Electrical Systems
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Service / Support provision
- Basic understanding of programming
- Technologies: Understanding of the following:
- Windows 7 / 10 PC and Servers
- Industrial Electronics
- Automotive Wiring and Systems
- Attention to detail and passionate about your work
- A healthy interest in the automotive industry or industrial electronics
- Good personal presentation and communication
- Willing to work at the client site and the occasional need to travel away
- Full Driving licence and own car
Located in Birmingham this position is commutable from the West Midlands and surrounds
To apply for this exciting position please call Rod Vaughan on or apply by sending your CV on line. If you have not received feedback in 14 days please deem your application as unsuccessful
Ethero staffing provides both permanent and temporary recruitment services to local businesses. With the simple ethos of local people for local jobs we aim to ensure that we support the local employment market whenever possible with targeted local advertising strategies and maximised local networking operations. Ethero Staffing's standard service provision ranks amongst the most competitive in the UK market place:- - Highly competitive charge rates - if we can save you money we will. - Industry leading service guarantees to underline our belief in our ability - Forward provisions for contingency planning for clients using high volumes of staff - Candidate assessments specifically designed for a client or even a single job - Repeat customer discounts and long term contract cost reductions