Technical Senior Software Developer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE + bonus + benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £114 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,669 people. (Figures quoted are as at 10 May 2018).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
Are you a passionate technologist who just loves software? Do you get a buzz from solving problems that others shy away from? Do you enjoy delving into the inner workings of an application? If the answer to those questions is yes then Royal London has the opportunity you've been looking for.
We are looking for an experienced technical developer to join our motivated and energetic DevOps team based in Edinburgh. You will be working with the latest Microsoft technologies and be part of a team that provides a critical service that underpins the tools, technologies, infrastructure and processes that our development teams rely on to deliver solutions to our customers. In addition you'll be working alongside our ambitious digital transformation programme at a time of unprecedented change.
Main duties will include
- Develops complex solutions within own area of technical expertise.
- Carries out impact assessment of complex changes to existing applications.
- Documents and agrees design in advance and to agreed standards.
- All code meets Group standards, guidelines and quality gates for given technology.
- All code is thoroughly tested to ensure any issues are identified as early as possible, working closely with the test team.
- Will safely implement solutions to production environment(s).
- Collaborates closely with other members of the team.
- Contributes to software development practice by sharing ideas and experience.
- Will conduct reviews of others' work.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate
- Experience working in an enterprise scale environment
- A sound understanding of service-oriented and event-driven web architectures
- Sound knowledge of system development techniques and industry best practices
- Experience of the following tools and technologies are essential
- Microsoft .Net
- Microsoft C#
- VSTS/TFS Release Management
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server
- Demonstrable experience of ability to work with different coding languages, and keep up to date with innovations in these
- Experience of modern continuous integration tooling
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to share technical experience and knowledge with other developers
- A flexible 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to cope with high-levels of pressure, involving high profile projects
- Ability to quickly foster strong working relationships with colleagues and internal business stakeholders
- Focus on keeping current with new innovations
It would be beneficial but not essential if applicants also have experience of:
- PowerShell, Python, UNIX scripting
- Financial Services business experience
Royal London is an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills - whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for all our roles. We also welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to join Royal London, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to in the first instance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'