Technical Security Consultant / Technical Support / Windows / Linux / Hypervisor / VMWare / Hyper-V /
Technical Security Consultant with 2+ years' experience and an aptitude for complex problem-solving is needed by our client, a rising Symantec delivery consultancy, to be based in their Newcastle City Centre offices (Newcastle Upon Tyne).
Their clientbase includes blue chip organisations across the UK, Europe and Middle East.
About the Role
Your primary responsibility will be to support their frontline consulting team. Your role will involve the following: taking part in delivering enterprise-wide security consultancy-based projects, and developing configuration, automations and integrations for security vendor products.
Minimum 2+ years' working in an IT-based role
Knowledge of or aptitude in the following:
- Complex problem solving
- Windows Server / Linux (support & administration)
- Hypervisor / Cloud administration (e.g. VMWare / Hyper-V / AWS / Azure)
- Networking troubleshooting (e.g. ACLs / proxy / firewall / routing)
- Any programming or scripting discipline
- Capable of meeting deadlines for technical delivery projects
- Ability to review, design, test and debug complex problems
- Excellent skills in acquiring knowledge of vendor-based software
- Experience designing & producing programs, reports or scripts to requirements
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- You will be required to travel
- Ability to work in a fast-moving & challenging environment
Any knowledge of the following would be a bonus!
- Experience working with multi-vendor firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint etc.)
- SIEM (ArcSight, Splunk, QRadar, AlienVault, LogRhythm, McAfee, Microfocus, Solar Winds, RSA etc.)
- ACLs & PAM
- Risk Assessments
- IPS, IDS, DLP, Information Governance & Compliance
- Understanding of security policies and procedures, standards and controls in line with regulation and/or current standards: ISO27001, ISO27017, EU NIS, PCI DSS, ISO 31000 & GDPR
What's On Offer
Salary depending upon experience
If this role sounds of interest, click on the APPLY button now.
- Technical Security Consultant / Technical Support / Windows / Linux / Hypervisor / VMWare / Hyper-V /