A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join an emerging high technology materials company who are aiming to become the global market leader in their product area.
So if you are you a talented, dynamic, driven and entrepreneurial sales professional with the ability to understand and deliver technical information please read on!
My client is an advanced materials technology company who are in the process of developing breakthrough applications in a diverse range of fields such as batteries, coatings, composites and concrete.
They are looking to establish a commercial team to maximise the exploitation of these products globally and have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Specialist to join them in the UK. The candidate will be based in the UK, ideally within a commutable distance of Cambridge but the role will require travel across the UK and on occasion Europe. The role is offered with a base salary in the range of £25,000-£35,000 plus an attractive bonus scheme as well as the opportunity for career progression and development within a global organisation.
Job Description Summary
This is an amazing opportunity to join a start-up in its formative stage and be part of the team that shapes its future. The Scientific Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to manage existing company relationships as well as to generate revenue in the territory by identifying potential new customers, introducing them to company products and working with them by providing technical support and customer service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and propose business plans for the territory, focusing on quarterly and annual sales objectives in accordance with overall Sales and Marketing plans
- Develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers within the territory.
- Locate new potential customers via prospecting, cold calling and setting up appointments with key decision makers.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals generated via the website or through marketing activities.
- Prepare proposals and quotations.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and seminars as required.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge so as to be able to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients on solutions that best meet their needs.
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support.
- Liaise with Technical colleagues regarding technical customer queries.
- A graduate in a physical science or materials, manufacturing or engineering discipline is preferred though not essential.
- Positive, professional and confident communicator both in person and on the phone, with concise writing skills
- Ambitious, driven and self motivated
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple demands from a high volume of prospects as well as team members
- Consultative approach: must be a good listener to gain customer understanding.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Comfortable working at all levels and in different time zones
- IT skills Excel, Word, Power Point
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Clean driving licence
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity - apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'