This position is suitable for a scientist with experience using the product range and related applications to join a reputable manufacturer, selling their excellent quality life science instrumentation, who is looking to move into a customer-facing technical scientific sales role!
PRODUCTS: Microplate readers, ELISA workstations, Imaging Systems and Spectrophotometers
CUSTOMERS: Academic, Research, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Laboratories
TERRITORY: Southern England but involves UK wide travel (business predominately focused around South-East England) Expected overnight stays 2-4 days per month.
- Ensure excellent relationships with customers in order to maintain and grow business across the UK, from initial contact through the sales process and providing post-sales support.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for the region and report feedback to Hiring Manager, working in partnership to achieve targeted growth.
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Perform instrument demonstrations to key decision makers and end users.
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities and use marketing tools to aid with customer engagement.
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge the market, competitor activity, industry trends and developments.
- Promote the full service capabilities of the company including pre and after sales customer support.
The company provide excellent training and support, across both sales and product training.
Minimum of a BSc degree in a life science discipline
Experience in either an inside or field based scientific sales role is preferred. The company will also consider a scientist with the relevant life science laboratory background who is keen to move into a customer facing technical sales role.
- Technical Sales