This is a suitable position for a life scientist, ideally with experience using the product range or related applications in the laboratory, who is looking to move into a customer-facing technical sales role! Post-degree laboratory experience (minimum of two years) is essential and any experience working in a customer-focused/facing role would be an advantage!
This manufacturer has a great reputation for product quality and reliability and the successful applicant will have the autonomy to manage and develop business across the UK! The main business focus is across South-East England but will require national travel. The role is field-based, with travel to customer sites 80% of the time, with around one day per week working from home.
PRODUCTS: Microplate readers, ELISA workstations, Imaging Systems and Spectrophotometers
CUSTOMERS: Academic, Research, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Laboratories
TERRITORY: South-East England but involves UK wide travel.
Expected overnight stays 2-4 days per month.
- Ensure excellent relationships with customers in order to maintain and grow business across the UK, from initial contact through the sales process and providing post-sales support.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for the region and report feedback to Hiring Manager, working in partnership to achieve targeted growth.
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Perform instrument demonstrations to key decision makers and end users.
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities and use marketing tools to aid with customer engagement.
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge the market, competitor activity, industry trends and developments.
- Promote the full service capabilities of the company including pre and after sales customer support.
The company provide excellent training and support, across both sales and product training.
Minimum of a BSc degree in a life science discipline. If holding a BSc or MSc degree, 2 years of post-degree laboratory experience is preferred. The company will also consider recently qualified PhD educated scientists looking to move into technical sales.
Experience in either an inside or field based scientific sales role is preferred but not essential.
Excellent communication skills, self- motivated and excellent commercial awareness/business acumen.
- Communication Skills
- Technical Sales