A great opportunity for a Scientist with a background in ICP / AA / GC / Nutritional Analysis / Microwave Synthesis / Peptide Synthesis to move into technical scientific sales! This company is a privately owned a well-respected manufacturer of instrumentation with an excellent market-share in their niche.
PRODUCTS: Microwave Laboratory Instrumentation
TERRITORY: M5 & M6 Corridor - Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Coventry, Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth
CLIENTS: Pharmaceutical, Academia, Food & Beverage and Environmental Laboratories
This role is 80% field-based, travelling to customer sites across the region, with around 1 day per week working from home.
- Support current users of the company’s equipment and develop new business opportunities within the defined sales territory in accordance to the company’s sales and marketing plans. This will be achieved predominately by face to face communication as well as telephone and email-based methods.
- Ensure an excellent working relationship with staff, customers and future prospects and be capable of working on one's own initiative to ensure goals are met for the territory.
- Ensure excellent administration skills and process all documentation accordingly onto the company’s CRM system in such a manner that historical and statistical data may be analysed in the future to assess strategic and tactical requirements.
- Ensure excellent communication is maintained with the company’s customer care group and inform them of potential issues that have arisen or sales opportunities. Assist the customer care group to solve user application problems when required.
- Perform instrument demonstrations to customers when required, ensuring that movement of equipment is correctly documented and that it is maintained in good working order.
- Handle post purchase installations of equipment at customer sites, providing user training and advising on customer applications.
- Participate in the company’s sales meeting, user group meetings, exhibitions and seminars when required.
- Ensure excellent knowledge of competitor activity, market trends and information that is valuable for developing your territory.
- Occasional overseas travel may be required to attend training sessions.
Chemistry or related degree
Post-degree experience working in an analytical laboratory and knowledge or experience in ICP / AA / GC / Nutritional Analysis / Microwave Synthesis / Peptide Synthesis - some or all of these areas is essential.
Excellent communication and organisational skills, experience presenting to large groups.
Practically minded, ideally with experience troubleshooting instruments in the laboratory or training junior staff.
Drive to succeed in scientific sales and hunger to learn the sales process and products.
Scientific sales experience is preferred but not essential.
- Atomic Absorption
- Gas Chromatography
- Peptide Synthesis