Technical Sales / Sales Estimator (Gloucester)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Sales Estimator / Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our growing commercial team. The position will work under the supervision of experienced staff members and you will be responsible for the cost management of construction projects from feasibility to final account with project values varying up to circa £5m.
Construction industry experience or qualifications would be beneficial but are not essential as onsite training will be provided.
The successful candidate must be friendly and approachable and have strong communication skills at all levels. Time management skills are essential, and the individual must be trustworthy and hard working.
- Managing all commercial aspects of construction projects
- Assessing clients’ requirements
- Calculating detailed cost plans
- Liaising with the supply chain to obtain favourable rates
- Preparing and submitting tenders
- Contract administration and cost control during project delivery
- Final account submissions
- Attending site and client meetings
- An eye for detail
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent literacy and numeracy
- Confidence with figures
- A passion to develop
- Strong IT skills
- An excellent ability to keep calm under pressure
- A keen negotiator
- Great customer service
- A professional approach
- An ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Monday to Friday
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (4:00 pm Friday) There are sometimes requirements to work outside of these hours when attending site / client meetings.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Competitive salary with company bonus scheme
- Customer Service
- Electrical Estimating
- Cost Planning
- Builders Merchant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'