Technical Sales Representative
Salary: Flexible DOE + Brilliant Commission Structure + Laptop + Mobile + Fully Expensed Travel + Pension + Share Options
Office Based: Ayrshire
Territory: North East of France or South of France (Travel to either territory on a regular basis is required)
- A BSc Hons Degree within a Life Science or related field such as Biomedical Sciences, Microbiology, Food Science, Nutrition, Biochemistry or Chemistry is highly desirable
- Ideally you will already be working as a Technical Sales Representative, Territory Manager, Account Manager or as an Internal/Inside Sales, Customer Services or Technical Support person selling/supporting laboratory consumables or scientific instrumentation
- Experience selling Life Science or related products to include rapid diagnostic test kits for microbiology, pathogen or allergen testing, tissue culture plastics, pipettes, pipette tips, ELISA’s or molecular biology reagents will be fully considered
- Live in a commutable distance to their wonderful offices - a beautiful Georgian building in Ayrshire - on a daily basis
- You will be working in a Food Manufacturing/Testing, Water Testing or QA/QC facility using microbiology Diagnostic Test kits right now - With a true desire and passion to take your first step into carving a Scientific Sales career
- Must be able to display a proven ability to work with customers, work independently out in the field and as part of a team in the office
- Be willing to spend up to 5 nights away from home every two-three weeks - maybe less maybe more depending on what client meetings were happening (Territory covered is North East of France or South of France)
- Have a full valid UK driving licence and valid passport
- Excellent opportunity to kick-start or take your sales career to the next level!
- Though you are based out of an office you get to witness the environment of a Field Sales Rep as you are required to travel to your territory once every fortnight. A unique structure no other business can offer
- Product area is heavily focused around Food Safety/Allergen testing. Main customers are to include food and beverage manufacturers, meat processing, dairy, poultry, wheat or bakery and third party food-analysis facilities
- Diverse range of customers coupled with a diverse range of products split into 3 categories: Microbiology, Allergens and Hygiene
- This territory achieved 111% of target last year and the territory is currently achieving target without a Technical Sales Representative - Having someone just like you to work on it could really excel the sales potential throughout the accounts!
The Company & Opportunity
- My client is a global leader in the field of Quality Control/Analysis for Food and Hygiene testing laboratories.
- They are experiencing rapid growth as they have focused on the demands of the European market and so have direct sales forces in France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Ireland and Switzerland
- Awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise for international trade and development, one of the highest awards bestowed on a UK company
- Excellent uncapped commission structure
- Supplies all the essentials to conduct a Technical Sales Representative Role; Laptop, Mobile and Travel Fully Expensed
- Role involved planned travel to the southeast UK every other week
- Company encourages a healthy work life balance
- Full product and sales training will be given
- Pension Scheme and Share options after 12 months of employment
For more information about the Technical Sales Representative role or to apply send your CV now by applying now!
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
- Food Science