Our Client is a speciality distributor of raw materials to the UK Manufacturing Industry. They are now seeking a Technical Sales Representative - Industrial Coatings.
This position will be home based with regular travel and will report to the Industry Manager. It is a full-time permanent position. Candidate location within the UK is flexible
- The successful candidate will take on responsibility for managing accounts in an appropriate industry (dependent on experience) in addition to providing significant support in managing a Key Product Range
- This role offers significant opportunity for development
Key Job Elements
- Safeguard and increase sales by maintaining and providing maximum coverage of the territory establishing good customer contacts
- Ensure customer area’s visit reports are accurately recorded, invoices are accurately priced, reference files and records of customers’ letters and sales are kept up-to-date
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the market both from a technical and commercial standpoint
- Be able to deal with customer complaints promptly and effectively
- Prepare informative reports for Principals and the Industry Manager, as required
- Direct selling of speciality chemicals to customers in the UK in line with objectives and targets agreed with the Industry Manager
- Maintain area’s customer sales records and files, ensuring correct prices are used and agree targets with the Industry Manager
- Prepare regular sales reports and forecasts of sales demand for the area, together with other reports such as market research surveys
- Introduce to customers all technical aspects of the speciality chemicals using various data and formulations provided and ensure customers are kept up-to-date with latest developments
- Report information and maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors’ activity and products in the area.
- Be aware of new technical/market information
- Arrange joint visits to customers with colleagues when required/directed.
Qualifications & Experience
- You may currently be working in a technical role or laboratory environment in the UK Industrial Chemical arena with a sound working knowledge of raw materials used in the Industrial Coatings market and now wish to move into a more commercial roleOR you may be a Technical Sales Representative in the above market sector who is seeking a new challenge
- Strong technical background (Graduate Chemist or equivalent / similar preferred)
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to a new role
- Commercially aware
- Team player with good communication skills
- Willing to travel regularly
- Good PC literacy
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return, our Client is offering a competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (negotiable) plus car, bonus and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Chemical Distribution
- Chemical Sales
- Industrial Coatings
- Technical Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'