Our Client is an independent speciality chemical distributor. They are now seeking a Technical Sales Representative - Industrial Chemicals.
This position will be home based with regular travel throughout the UK and Ireland. Candidates will ideally live in the Midlands or Cheshire. This role sits within the Industrial team and reports to the UK & Ireland Sales Manager.
- The primary function of the Technical Sales Representative is to promote the products and services offered to customers by the Industrial Chemicals Division with the main aim of maximising sales and implementing the commercial strategy.
- This is a position with room for growth; the successful candidate will have a portfolio of responsibilities that will involve working with every member of the Industrial team
- Our Client will welcome applications from candidates working in a laboratory who have an ambition / desire to pursue a career in technical sales
External Sales Activity
- Promote the complete range of Industrial chemicals and services with both existing and new customers
- Take responsibility for own accounts plus support key accounts in other territories
- Confidently and proactively contact customers to provide technical/commercial information
- Handle multiple enquiries and follow-ups at the same time, with differing timescales and resolutions
- Plan and execute the following as required: sales visits, presentation of products, the pursuit of new business, maintaining accurate records, attending trade exhibitions, conferences, sales meetings and training
Internal Sales Activity
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management database
- Preparation of reports, presentations and figures for internal and external use
- Support Marketing activities, for example support the organization of seminars, webinars
- Support Business Development activities, for example support research and preparation of pitch material
Qualifications and Experience
- Chemistry or Materials Science graduate (or similar / equivalent)
- Experience of working within a technical environment, ideally Coatings or Adhesives or Sealants or Elastomers; Homecare Industrial & Institutional (H, I&I); or plastics markets
- Sales and commercial experience is desirable but not essential. Our Client will welcome applications from candidates working in a laboratory within the above industries who have an ambition / desire to pursue a career in technical sales
- Friendly, efficient customer service attitude both face to face and via the phone
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to listen and interpret customer needs
- Forward-thinking & proactive attitude to problem solving
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Full UK driving license
In return, our Client is offering a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 (negotiable dependent on experience) per annum basic plus car, bonus and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Materials Science
- Technical Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job