Our Client is a speciality distributor of raw materials to the UK Manufacturing Industry. They are now seeking a Technical Sales Representative - Industrial Chemicals (Mineral Fillers / Coatings / Plastics). This position will be home based with regular travel and will report to the Industry Manager. It is a full-time permanent position. Candidate location is flexible
- The successful candidate will take on responsibility for managing accounts in an appropriate industry (dependent on experience) in addition to providing significant support in managing a Key Product Range
- This role offers significant opportunity for development
Key Job Elements
- Safeguard and increase sales by maintaining and providing maximum coverage of the territory establishing good customer contacts
- Ensure customer area’s visit reports are accurately recorded, invoices are accurately priced, reference files and records of customers’ letters and sales are kept up-to-date
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the market both from a technical and commercial standpoint
- Be able to deal with customer complaints promptly and effectively
- Prepare informative reports for Principals and the Industry Manager, as required
- Direct selling of industrial chemicals to customers in the UK in line with objectives and targets agreed with the Industry Manager
- Maintain area’s customer sales records and files, ensuring correct prices are used and agree targets with the Industry Manager
- Prepare regular sales reports and forecasts of sales demand for the area, together with other reports such as market research surveys
- Introduce to customers all technical aspects of the industrial chemicals using various data and formulations provided and ensure customers are kept up-to-date with latest developments
- Report information and maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors’ activity and products in the area.
- Be aware of new technical/market information
- Arrange joint visits to customers with colleagues as and when required/directed.
Qualifications & Experience
- You may currently be working in a technical role or laboratory environment in the UK Industrial Chemical arena with a sound working knowledge of Mineral Fillers OR raw materials used in the Surface Coating / Plastics markets and now wish to move into a more commercial role OR you may be a Technical Sales Representative in one of the above market sectors who is seeking a new challenge
- Strong technical background (Graduate Chemist or equivalent preferred)
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to a new role
- Commercially aware
- Team player with good communication skills
- Willing to travel regularly
- Good PC literacy
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return, our Client is offering a competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum (negotiable) plus car, bonus and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Chemical Distribution
- Industrial Chemicals
- Technical Sales
- Mineral Fillers