CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join a growing North East based contract chemical manufacturer on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody with prior sales experience from the Inks & Coatings sector to join a reputable company at a great time in their development.
The role will involve UK and Overseas travel and requires a technically competent candidate who can contribute to the development of new products for the business.
The package will include a company vehicle, and a Benefits & Bonus scheme.
- Responsible for customer accounts of Inks & Coatings products
- Direct promotion of products and management of distributors / agents where appropriate;
- Implementing the agreed pricing policy and managing margins for all inks and coatings products, on a global basis, considering both cost and market factors;
- Develop and implement detailed growth business plans for new and active market segments, including the development of new territories, new products and/or new market segments, including potential acquisitions;
- Constructing annual budget and issuing monthly formal performance reports, comparing actual and forecast KPIs against budget;
- Secure profitable new business opportunities for the Inks & Coatings segment of the Performance Chemicals Division, through market-led innovation and including stages such as new product development, driving projects internally, through to product launch;
- Responsible for customer care and delivery of products to the customer, on time and in specification, with appropriate support from QC, Logistics and Production departments;
- Ensure effective use of the CRM system, including submitting visit reports and market updates.
If you would like to apply for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Degree level education (or equivalent), ideally in a Science or Technical discipline or sufficient relevant experience
- Experience of the sales management process and a demonstrable and successful track record in technical sales, specifically in industrial inks and coatings;
- Evidence of identification, proposal and successful closure of new business development and / or appropriate acquisition targets;
- Good financial awareness and experience of contributing to P&L, Balance Sheet and working capital discussions;
- Ability to work with established R&D teams, to influence new product and service development, to derive economically viable and effective solutions;
- Strong IT skills and an advocate of commercial CRM and reporting systems;
- Strong industry experience - in the sales & marketing of batch-produced speciality chemicals and, specifically, for industrial inks and coatings.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like further information, please contact Graham at CY Partners.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
- Business Development
- Chemical Sales
- Product Development
- Chemical Industry
- Product Launch