Technical Sales Consultant
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Location: North West
Salary: Up to £28,000 (+ £3k earning potential)
- To act as the company’s Technical Sales Consultant within an appointed territory, maintaining customer confidence in services/products and promoting a professional image in the marketplace, gaining new and repeat business, thereby achieving and, if possible, exceeding the agreed monthly sales and gross profit margin targets.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of Playbook activity KPIs to include Decision Maker Contact Calls, Face to Face meetings, Quotes, Orders and Sales Invoiced
- Updating of CRM system to include call prospect and customer activity, lead, opportunity, quote, forecasting and order sales processing
- The updating of outlook diaries and weekly sales planning
- Proactively Weekly Key Performance Indicator improvement action plan (by Friday at 4pm if weeks KPI targets have not been achieved)
Job Specific Functions
- To meet and, if possible, exceed the agreed sales, quotation and gross margin targets.
- To agree and meet individual key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- To plan day to day activities in the most efficient manner.
- To analyse area sales potential.
- To report any projects with 5k plus potential to Line Manager.
- To maintain and improve a working knowledge of technologies involved within designated sales fields.
- To provide a feedback of relevant information to the sales and marketing co coordinator, Area Account Manager and management team of activities, prospects and competitor activity within individual territory as required.
- To represent the company and promote a "professional" image in the marketplace.
- To ensure that clients on the prospects database within the area of responsibility are contacted a minimum of every 6 months. Those with greater business potential the contact should be contacted 3 monthly minimum, with key clients contact monthly.
- To set an excellent professional example to others and ensure that customers and staff are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner.
- To be innovative in approach to all aspects of functions.
- To prepare quotations as necessary to meet the specifications of clients.
- Forecast sheets to be completed by the 1st of every month, for the following 3 months.
- To ensure when undertaking site surveys for quotation purposes, that sufficient site information is gathered and recorded clearly to enable compliance supervising engineers to execute the works safely and to the satisfaction of the client.
- To support other members of sales team where personal experience will assist.
- To ensure when orders are won that prior to handing to service delivery department for fulfilment contract paperwork is complete and fully checked.
- To liaise with service delivery department/compliance supervising engineers and client during the execution of contracts, as necessary, to resolve problems/disputes and to agree variations to works and also to assist in preparing necessary paperwork for finalisation of projects.
- To support technical sales consultants who report directly and ensure that they meet their targets both turnover and gross profit.
- To act in accordance with the Company Code of Conduct (Ref: POL037) at all times when engaged on Company duties, in any capacity and at any location.
- Company Car
- Mobile telephone
- Laptop with all required software.
- Office based desk & chair
- Home internet connection
- Estimating kit (notebook, pen, scalex, tape measure and general stationery)
- Digital camera
- PPE kit & bag
Quality & Environmental Responsibilities
- Ensure that company processes and procedures are followed and that customers (internal and external) receive a quality service
- To familiarise yourself and comply with all relevant sections of the Companies Environmental Policy
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Assisting the service delivery department with the production of method statements
- Assisting the service delivery department with the production of risk assessments
- Ensure compliance with company Health & Safety Policy
- To familiarise yourself and comply with all relevant section of the Company Health and Safety Policy
- Monthly and quarterly sales meetings
- Others as requested
- The ideal job holder will be a smart, sociable, self-motivated and target driven individual who has good questioning and listening skills whilst working with persuasive enthusiasm.
- They will be an IT literate and precise person, who has a positive disposition with a practical ability. A reasonable understanding of mathematics is essential.
- Field Sales
- Regional Sales
- Technical Team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'