Technical Sales Executive
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Salary: £26,000 per annum + Contributory Pension
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week (Mon - Fri 08.30 - 16.50)
A great opportunity has arisen for a Chemical Sales Executive, reporting directly to the Sales Director.
Candidates must have Chemical sales experience to be considered for this role, your application will be rejected without this experience.
The role involves the development of new business and to support the existing customer base throughout the UK.
The job will involve interaction with both commercial and technical people therefore a good knowledge of a scientific subject is essential. Strong business acumen and excellent negotiation skills are a must for this role.
The company has no boundaries regarding business growth and we are confident that with the right person on board sales growth should be easily achieved.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales executive with a scientific background.
- Develop sales of non-list bespoke products
- Contact customers to retain / develop current business
- Process customer enquiries and provide quotations
- Provide technical support to admin staff as required.
Skills / Qualities required
- At least 2 years relevant Chemical sales experience
- Familiar with quality management systems
- Familiar with legislation surrounding supply of chemical products
- Experience dealing with customers in a sales environment is essential
- A good working knowledge of Chemistry is vital as this role involves pricing up jobs for new blends, a familiarisation period with ReAgent’s manufacturing capabilities will be provided.
- A strong business acumen and negotiation skills are paramount within this role
- At all times, exemplify the highest level of business and personal integrity
- Proficient in the use of Outlook, Excel, Word
- Must be able to travel and hold a full clean UK driving licence
Knowledge of legislation surrounding the supply of chemicals would be an advantage particularly CLP regulations regarding packaging and labelling of hazardous chemicals. This is important as the candidate will need to select the appropriate packaging for each product.
The candidate will need to be presentable and be able to deal with both current and potential customers in a professional and friendly manner.
The job will require the candidate to manage their own diary and make appointments for themselves
The candidate would be expected to be conversant in the routine functions of Microsoft Word and Excel.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Sales Executive
- Technical Sales
- Scientific Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job