Technical Sales Executive
Our Client is a growing distributor of adhesives and protective materials, and the requisite application and curing equipment, to technology manufacturing companies in the UK and Ireland, including leading edge companies in electronics, medical devices, aerospace and automotive, including F1. The Company enjoys a very good reputation for its responsive, consultative sales approach.
They now require an enthusiastic Sales professional in a predominantly office-based role, reporting to the Head of Sales. This person will sell their products to existing and potential customers, working as part of a team managing a geographic territory. We are looking for someone who can provide a high-quality customer experience. The role entails both commercial and technical aspects of the sales process. This person must have a passion for selling but must also be able to organise and plan the team sales activity.
There will be extensive contact with customers, primarily by telephone and e-mail but will involve some customer meetings both in their facility and on-site visits. You will work as an equal team member with an external Technical Sales Executive to manage a geographically defined sales territory, maximising sales opportunities. You will be qualifying and responding to sales leads, organising quotations, sales information, demonstrations, samples and evaluations, and recording sales processes.
- Maintain and develop regional sales as part of a team
- Meet agreed sales growth and gross profit targets
- Win purchase orders in line with sales strategy from both existing and new customers
- Be a strong, contributing part of our Sales Driven Culture
- Maintain internal sales processes
- Build and enhance relationships between our customers and our company
- Conduct oneself according to our Company Values
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and grow our business with our existing majoraccounts
- Management of new sales leads, including qualification, response, recording and follow up with the objective of securing purchase orders; working with teammate to coordinate outcomes
- Report to Head of Sales, and work with her/him to maximisegrowth
- Assist external Technical Sales Executive in making appointments and meeting the Sales Teamtargets
- Send quotations, pursuing these to purchaseorders
- Liaise with technical colleagues and our Order Fulfillment Team to respond to customer queries
- Use and maintain our CRM system (Microsoft DynamicsCRM)
- Meet with customers and prospects who visit our Technology Centre, and occasional site visits
- Maximise the opportunities from our existing customerbase
- Prospect for new customers within key target growthareas
- Take part in monthly salesmeetings
- Negotiate pricing within predetermined parameters as agreed with the Head of Sales
- Report on competitive activity and recommend actions where necessary
The ideal Candidate will have / be:
- Experience - a proven track record in a successful business-to-business (B2B) sales environment, preferably tomanufacturers
- Technical - must have a science qualification, preferably to 'A’ Level as a minimum; comprehensive and ongoing product training will begiven
- Professional demeanour and attitude, outgoing andfriendly
- Organised, focussed, sales driven
- Excellent telephone manner - be comfortable using the telephone as a proactive salestool
- Good computerskills
- Effective written and oral communication skills - to maintain sound relationships with customers, sales partners and colleagues
- Earn and maintain mutual respect with fellow employees. Take the initiative in keeping others informed on matters of mutualinterest
- Whilst a technical background is required, the most important quality is an ability and willingness to learn about and understand ourproducts
- You should have the confidence to use your own initiative, and to seek out opportunities to improve products, processes andservices
- Enjoy working as part of a sales-driventeam
- Credibility and reliability - make realistic commitments and live up to them. Meetdeadlines
- Resourcefulness - comprehend SME conditions and creative use of resources in an entrepreneurial environment. Maintain contacts within and outside the Company to expeditiously solve problems. Actively seek guidance and information from available sources
- Normally based at our Client’s office in Kidlington, Oxfordshire but occasional travel to customers, trade shows & industry functions, or sales partners may be required.
- Previous Applicants need not apply.
- Sales Executive
- Technical Skills
- Scientific Background
- B2B sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"