Main Purpose of Job:
To promote the company’s products and raise its profile within the designated market, and achieve own budgeted sales and margin targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Developing new and existing accounts within the Oil & Gas Metals markets, quoting and negotiating as well upselling on added value products such as forgings, machined components etc
• To work closely with the Commercial Director to highlight any areas or customers to be visited, or contacted in the case of new accounts.
• As required, visit targeted OEM accounts either alone or with the relevant Director with the aim of securing further transactional business, or LTAs/Project Business.
• As required, produce own quotations to designated accounts follow these up promptly and provide feedback of market pricing to the Director
• Provide market feedback on pricing, competitive activity and any projects/new business opportunities to the Director. Project and LTA opportunities should be forwarded to the Director Contracts)
• To be knowledgeable about the application of all the Company’s materials in the various market sectors. Specialist knowledge of the Oil & Gas sector is preferred.
• To be conversant with Oil & Gas metal specifications relating to the key OEMs supplied
Previous experience of customer contact within a metals environment –
• Experience of selling added value products such as forgings and machined components
• Familiarity with the Oil & Gas Manufacturers (OEM’s)
• Experience of metal based products within the Oil & Gas Industry - candidates from a Technical Sales or Metallurgical or Heat treatment background WOULD BE HIGHLY ADVANTAGEOUS
• Familiarity with products – Nickel Alloys, Special Stainless Steels, Copper Alloys, round bar, forgings etc
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business