Technical Sales Engineer
Rougham, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Salary: Circa £42,000 (DOE)
Sector: Manufacturing & Industrial, Purchasing
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Our fantastic client, based near Bury St Edmunds, is looking to expand their sales team by adding another Technical Sales Engineer who will utilise their technical know-how to provide the correct product selection to the customer as well as developing leads and nurture existing relationships. Accuracy, the ability to problem-solve and flexible thinking play a vital part in this role.
The role will include a mixture of account management as well as new business development both in the UK and internationally. There will be the opportunity to travel overseas as well as occasional site visits to truly understand the clients’ requirements.
- Full training in products and their applications
- SalesForce CRM
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level qualification in engineering, ideally geotechnical or civil, or relevant technical industry experience
- Proven experience in technical sales
- Understanding and aptitude for technical issues
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service
- Possess excellent communication/presentation skills and have the ability to build relationships
- Be confident dealing with customers from different countries and cultures
- Have excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Process sales enquiries
- Assist customers in product selection
- Identify and maximise opportunities
- Liaise with other departments to meet customer requirements
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Be comfortable working on own initiative and as part of a team
- Give product demonstrations and presentations to customers
- Attend exhibitions
- Visit potential clients
Please apply with an up-to-date CV!
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'