Technical Sales Engineer (Rail Industry)
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
My client based within the Flintshire area, are currently looking to recruit a Technical Sales Engineer, more specifically with fantastic knowledge wihtin the Rail industry.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for the identification and development of new product solutions for existing customers and for identifying the needs, in new/adjacent markets, where my client can provide innovative product and service solutions.
The role will be field based, covering the Northern regions and will also require some days to be based in the office in Flintshire.
The main duties of the role include:
- Identify key customer contacts and build / maintain relationships to ensure customers understand how we can assist them.
- Interface with customers (engineers), identify the customers’ needs and produce an outline scope, to show how our skills/design partners’ skills can provide technical solutions to help remove or reduce the customers’ ‘problems’.
- Work with the customers to ensure that we fully understand their needs and provide backup data to assist our design team with problem statements and outline acceptable solutions.
- Develop cost benefit models,
- Production of technical documentation and data packs to facilitate approval of products by customers/approval bodies.
- Manage the escalation of concerns with the project delivery plans where required.
- Provide accurate sales information and reports (sales, trend analysis and pipeline tracking) to the Commercial Director
- Liaise with the Production Engineering team to facilitate a smooth transition from design to production.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in Engineering
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Customer focused, with experience of delivering results in a business development role
- Experience of selling into the Rail industry
- Ability to interpret customer problems and helping them to suggest potential solutions in conjunction with our engineering team
- Car allowance (£325pm)
- Company bonus (performance related up to £10k)
If you are interested in the above position, please apply with an up to date CV. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call ‘Grace Stoker’ on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"