To work as an internal support to the sector managers, enabling and assisting them in spending more time out seeing customers. You must be able to work on behalf of the sector manager, being up to speed with situations, and providing a central communication point. To ensure accuracy and timely responses for all role functions to ensure a premium service to our customers. To also assist with follow up of quotations.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years’ sales support experience
- Team player working with others to ensure tasks are achieved.
- Excellent telephone manner and strategic sales skills
- Ability to close sales
- Attention to detail for checking proposals for accuracy and relevance and other information
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure that follow up deadlines are met even in busy periods
- Practical product understanding in order to support sales team intelligently
- Competence with IT systems
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall ensure excellent customer response in your team throughout the sales process
- Take, qualify and enter new sales opportunities for your team
- Support your Sector Managers by carrying our follow up calls, extracting strategic information relative to the sale, and closing whenever possible
- Book in visits as needed for your Sector Managers, working with New Business and Sales Office Support.
- Work with Sales Office and Technical Support to check and approve quotations
- Support the Technical Support Advisor in your team in prioritising quotes, gathering information ect in busy periods to balanced workload.
- Act as an in - office point of contact for your Sector Managers.
- Take and deal with incoming calls from your team’s customers regarding their projects
- Support new business executives in selecting appropriate avenues for potential sales leads
- Work under the coordination of the Sales Manager and Sales Office Team Leader to share workload between sales and admin teams in busy periods as needed.
Westgate has served the construction and manufacturing sectors since the 1970’s. All our products have been tried, tested and proven to perform, giving confidence throughout the market place.
We are a family owned business with strong individual and company ethics. Honesty and integrity are not throw away words with us, it is how we live our lives and operate in all our relationships.
We are committed to consistently provide an excellent standard of service, quality workmanship and flexibility to meet our customer’s requirements.
Job Title Internal Sales Executive
Reports to Sales Manger
Hours Full Time, 07:30 - 16:30 (1 hour lunch) Friday - 07:30-15:30
Holiday 28 days including public holidays
Salary £24,000 - £28,000 + sales related bonus.
Probation Six months