Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Process Automation is a global business unit building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes and technologies. Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to higher and higher value utilising proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise enabling success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA) business unit for a Process Control Technical Sales Consultant to support sales teams in new and existing end user accounts. In this role, you will be responsible for technical interface between the customer, sales, proposals and delivery departments. You will be a Process Control segment and technology expert, translating customers business and technical requirements into solutions, from within PA, in collaboration with other Business Units or through partners.
This role will work Independently and with Account Managers to discuss with customers their business and technical issues/requirements, analyse and create viable solutions to meet those requirements. Then to articulate those solutions to the customer and provide functional architectures for proposals to be produced. This is a sales and technical expert role, candidates will communicate with the global experts within the company and be able to provide, value, presentation to customers, via webex, meetings, and conferences.
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate a compelling vision and inspire and motivate customers as well as internal teams to drive the business forward to achieve goals. Amongst many factors, success will be dependent on using exceptional value creation skills across the specific industry sectors, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, power and nuclear (but not exclusively).
Experience in greenfield and brownfield process control solutions is required, with a working knowledge of Distributed Control Systems, ideally Foxboro DCS.
- Develop customer relations, listen, analyse and design DCS and IOT control solutions.
- Be accountable for all architectural solutions as part of the pre-sales cycle.
- Be commercially aware, able to develop and assist with sales strategies.
- Manage the Interface between sales, proposals and engineering teams.
- Ability to facilitate solution driven workshops and to ensure workshop results are implemented.
- Articulate solutions to customers and to Schneider Electric teams.
- Present and demonstrate Schneider Electric technology and solutions in business value adding terms.
- Have experience of modernising and migrating DCS control systems.
- Current technical expertise in control systems.
- Be conversant of current technologies.
- Keep up to date with new Process Automation product releases and provide information on them to customers and HUB departments.
- Liaise with other parts of Schneider Electric and with partner organisations to create viable solutions
- Be an active participant in tenders and in their credible presentation to the customer base and internally as part of the Schneider Electric approvals and handover cycles
Behaviours and Competencies
- Innovative, creative and flexible in their approach
- Articulate, with the ability to think with agility, responding to the different needs of our customers and our organisation.
- Experience of operating within a matrix organisation, ideally in a large corporation would be beneficial.
- Excellent presentation and concept articulation skills.
- Accountable for own performance.
- Decisive, able to make difficult decisions and deal with conflict.
- Able to challenge effectively and professionally, doesn’t automatically accept the status quo.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, driven and ambitious yet able to take others with them.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Main scope will be covering UK Business, but will require international travel to Hub countries in Northern Europe and sub Saharan Africa.
- Ability to assemble, direct, influence, coach, motivate and co-ordinate teams, in different locations and from different parts of SE, engaged in multiple simultaneous opportunities.
- Experience in business transformation solutions
- This role will include travel for up to 75% of your time
- Valid UK driving licence
Extensive experience with Distributed Control Systems and in Control Engineering.
Preferably Degree (or HNC/HND) in engineering related subject