This is an ideal opportunity for a scientist with a life science degree/Masters or PhD who has a genuine desire to kick start their career in sales. A chemistry or related subject is preferred, but will consider other subjects; Biochemistry, Forensic Sciences etc. You will be trained, mentored and developed to become an outstanding sales professional. You will work alongside a team of motivated colleagues who are like minded and have, drive and passion for promoting good quality products. Does this sound like you?
This company is a global technology leader committed to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions that solve the separation and purification challenges of researchers in industrial, clinical, government and academic laboratories. From drug discovery and pharmaceutical development to disease diagnosis, food safety to environmental analysis. Their products technical services and chemical reference standards accelerate science and help researchers improve global health and well-being.
You will maintain and manage specific territory by meeting and exceeding sales, gross profit and unit goals. Provide service and technical support to customers on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Originate phone calls, respond to incoming calls and provide technical information with regards to chromatography related products and services
- Ensure that assigned territory meets sales, gross profit, and unit goals
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop business plans, market analysis, and sales strategies for assigned territory
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude, be a team player, and strive to learn and contribute to company culture
- Complete assigned learning plan
- Manage and maintain information in customer database system
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by customers and/or management
- Bachelors Degree in Life Science required - Chemistry or related preferred
- Requires analytical thinking and presenting ideas
- Experience in Microsoft office and Database Management
- Able to perform basic mathematical equations and formulas
- Extremely skilled in the art of negotiation
- Strong organizational skill, plans and assign resources in a detailed fashion
- Previous sales and/or laboratory experience preferred
- Interviews for the right candidates will be immediate (2 part interview process)
Salary: ~ £22,000 - including OTE Dependant on experience ( lower basic + regular commission) - with structured achievable bonus + bens
Contact: Michelle Singleton at AES for more details and send your CV stating why you are suited to career in Technical Sales quoting ref: MS 913385
This vacancy is being advertised by Applied Executive Selection Ltd. The services advertised by Applied Executive Selection Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Whilst we make every effort to reply to all applications within a week, if you have not received a reply within 14 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Analytical Chemistry
- target driven
- In-house sales