Euro-Gas is a small but busy family run Company working in Gas Detection and Environmental Safety with a worldwide market and now in our 32nd year. We are looking for a keen, committed and accurate person to join our team in Churston Ferrers (between Brixham and Paignton), Devon.
Are you motivated to learn and creatively sell our technical gas detection products? Along with excellent computer skills, this position calls for high standards of written English and Maths, accuracy and numeracy, together with common sense, intiative and the ability to efficiently multi-task with the challenge of a busy workload.
Your main focus will be organising and despatching orders, customer technical sales support, order processing, general accounts, marketing and all office administrative duties as regular daily components. Supporting and working closely with the team, you will gain on-the-job product training. With time, you will learn the product lines and areas across the business in this office based and full-time position, giving you the opportunity to grow your role and harness your particular strengths.
ARE YOU ...
* highly accurate, numerate and educated to A-Level or Degree Standard (or equivalent)? You will have a keen interest and experience in business, administration, sales and marketing.
* motivated and committed to learn and promote technical gas detection products? Scientific understanding would support you in this role (such as through GCSEs, A Levels, other qualifications or experience).
* adept with a professional approach, attention to detail, common sense, excellent written and computing skills plus a good telephone manner? You will have the confidence to answer telephones, communicate in a team and deal with customers from across the globe, as the majority of our business is international.
* able to efficiently multi-task in a role that incorporates co-ordinating order despatch, customer support, technical sales and marketing, order processing, accounting and all general administrative duties? Are you also energetic and willing to pack and unpack orders and attend to carriers bringing goods in/out on a daily and weekly basis?
* capable of working independently on your own initiative, as well as getting 'stuck in' with all aspects of the business as a key member in a small team? Are you willing to work in a family run Company, where you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of a small business and play a crucial part in its success?
WHAT WILL THE JOB INVOLVE?
- Co-ordinating and booking worldwide despatch of consignments with carriers, managing despatch paperwork, customer notifications and dealing with goods in/out.
- Customer support, order processing and dealing with all administration matters by email/phone/post.
- Maintaining and updating filing system and records.
- Use of Sage 50 Accounting software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Express, website and graphics software.
Sales and Marketing:
- Office based customer technical sales support with global clients, dealing with order processing, sales enquiries, customer queries, quotations and technical assistance.
- Administer sales and purchasing paperwork.
- Follow up sales leads and administer client/lead databases.
- Assist with marketing to include: updating technical datasheets; updating website information; writing and designing newsletters; advertising; graphics; and creating promotional material.
- Daily use of Sage 50 accounting software, including sales invoicing and credit control.
- Manual book-keeping and general accounting duties.
- An ability and committed interest to learn technical gas detection products is essential and a scientific understanding is an asset in this position.
- Euro-Gas has the advantage of a worldwide market. Although knowledge of additional languages is not essential for the role, if you enjoy languages, you will be able to put them to good use.
- Please note that Euro-Gas has a non-smoking policy.
- Driving Licence and own transport essential.
- This is a permanent, full-time and office based position.
If you’d like to find out more about this role, please get in touch. Please apply in writing by email or by letter, with your CV, to Ian Russell at:
Euro-Gas Management Services Ltd.
Churston House, Bascombe Road, Churston Ferrers, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 0JJ.
- Order Processing
- Technical Sales
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'