Job; Technical Development Resource Manager - REMOTE
Reporting to their Group CTO this is an opportunity to join a fast-growing data intelligence business that works across media and creative industries. This newly created position involves management and expansion of a (Technical/IT) engineering & development team. You may have an HR or engineering / development background, you are an excellent people manager and have significant experience in Agile engineering and delivery.
- Recruit and manage development resources aligned to domain experts, projects and business owners,
- To line manage c.20 to 30 technical & IT Developers (a mix of permanent employees, contractors, and 3rd party onshore and offshore resource, across the World)
- To forecast and meet on-going demand for development resources,
- To source the most productive, cost efficient resources to meet needs of their business, within budget and on schedule
- To ensure each team member has a relevant job description, up-to-date objectives, regular reviews of their performance, a development plan, and training plan.
Accountabilities and Activities;
- Establish and maintain structures and processes to control and monitor delivery,
- Liaise with third party suppliers to provide resources and services; contract negotiation and review in partnership with finance and legal departments,
- Drive continual improvement of standards and practices,
- Provide line management of resources within their team (direction, coaching, encouragement & career development),
- Ensure cost efficient, timely resource is made available to satisfy demand,
- Plan and deliver solutions to agreed funding constraints,
- Provide accurate and regular financial forecasts to appropriate stakeholders,
- Take action to deal with, and where appropriate escalate, exceptions, problems and issues of priority in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Experience of having used multiple resourcing models - internal employees, 3rd party, near shore and offshore,
- Excellent management ability to lead and develop a great team of development engineers
- Proficient at cost management, including production of business proposals and budgets,
- Technical IT knowledge is essential to understand technologies being used and to be able to identify and recruit skills required.
- Ability to identify and develop highly effective development capabilities,
- Ability to recognise and prioritise multiple activities and schedule work accordingly.
- Experience negotiating contracts, service levels and specifications with suppliers,
- Experience of day-to-day relationship with suppliers (including offshore),
- Experience monitoring of contracts and Master Services Agreements, authorising or initiating any actions that may be required,
In this role you have a responsibility for security of information and information systems accessible to you, including;
- Protection and preservation of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and information systems from unauthorised use, disclosure, modification or destruction
- Compliance with security policies and procedures related to information and information systems you use
- Reporting of vulnerabilities or incidents affecting security or security policy compliance to their Group CTO.
As a Manager you have a responsibility to provide information security for information and information systems that support operations and assets under your control through;
- Assessing risk and magnitude of harm that could result from unauthorised use, disclosure, modification or disruption of such information or information systems
- Implementing policies and procedures that are based on risk assessments and cost effectively reduce information security risks to an acceptable level
- Determining levels of information security appropriate to protect such information and information systems
- Periodically testing and evaluating information security controls and techniques to ensure they are effectively implemented
- Ensuring that personnel receive sufficient training to comply with requirements of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ensuring that all employees, contractors and other users of information systems are aware of their responsibility to comply with the information security policies, practices and guidance appropriate to their role in the organisation
- £’s; fully DoE approx. £60k-£90k (neg.) + benefits
- Hours; 40-hpw (predominately based across 2 time zones: UK and NY)
- Location; based from your home/remotely with occasional visits to their central London offices for team meetings. VERY occasional visits to their offices in Paris, New York, Johannesburg may be required.
- Interested? Please send your (Word) CV,
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'