Technical Property Underwriter
£30,000 to £40,000
Our client, a leading insurer based in Reading, is currently looking for a Technical Property Underwriter.
The successful candidate will help to develop the company's Commercial Lines business, as well as assisting Underwriting colleagues on Property matters.
The role will suit a recent graduate Underwriter looking for an opportunity to develop their skills further, or someone with a stronger technical Property Underwriting background.
- Researching, recommending and agreeing pricing, underwriting criteria and product changes.
- Monitoring the performance of the Property account.
- Monitor and report on competitors’ product and pricing changes.
- Compiling risks / exposures for the reinsurance programme.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with both external and internal stakeholders, including Broker Partners, Actuarial, Analytics.
- Acting as a point of technical referral to regional and trading UW colleagues.
- Take ownership for delivery of key projects within Central Underwriting and the wider business.
- Good interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- An accomplished Property Underwriter with good technical underwriting experience.
- Good knowledge of Property Underwriting matters, including (but not limited to) property risk management, risk categorisation, industrial trades & processes, and typical liability exposures arising out of such property risks.
- The ability to assess technical risk, understand financial modelling techniques / metrics and apply that knowledge to make commercially astute decisions within authority levels.
- Graduate and/or ACII is preferred.
Keywords: Underwriter; Property Underwriter; Technical Underwriter; Commercial Lines; Commercial Insurance; Underwriting Jobs in Reading; Underwriting Graduate
Please note that due to a high volume of applications we receive daily, we are only able to contact applicants which have passed the initial CV screening stage. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy on our website for more information - www.edenjames.co.uk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'