Join us as a Technical Project Manager within the Home Office – SEO Level
(Croydon, Full-time, Permanent)
*We are keen to hear from candidates with a strong Technical Project Delivery/management expertise across Physical/Virtual and Cloud, along with strong core Project Management processes*
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
Why Join Home Office?
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
Project Managers provide a key role delivering the Home Office Transformation Portfolio. It is large, complex and challenging and encompasses over 20 major and/or mission critical projects and programmes plus four business portfolios of change. There is a strong focus on agile, modular project delivery, supported by enterprise-wide portfolio management and you could find yourself working on a project for the UK’s critical national infrastructure through to a complex technology enabled business change programme.
The Role of a Technical Project Manager
Your role as Technical Project Manager is to manage the project and the project team. You will be responsible for driving and overseeing the project’s delivery to ensure objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. You will have a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered, /enabling benefits to be realised.
· Strong core Project Management skills including Planning, RAID etc
· Technical background – Infrastructure delivery both Physical and virtual
· Technical complex delivery and management of migration within projects
· Largescale Project exposure
· Ability to identify blockers
· Strong and broad stakeholder collaboration and management, internal and external teams
· Cloud concepts – highly desirable
· Previous Government / Public Sector experience would be beneficial though not essential
· Project Planning using MS Project and other software platforms
· Project delivery qualification
Expected Qualifications and Professional Memberships include:
· PRINCE2 (Practitioner)
· Agile Project Management (Practitioner)
· APM Qualification (Practitioner)
· APM Registered Project Professional
Please note successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'