RSM is a leading professional services firm with over 3,500 staff and over 30 offices in the UK. Due to ongoing investment in technology and the constant need to upgrade and innovate in the firm’s IT infrastructure, the need has arisen for an experienced Technical Project Manager. The role sits within the firm’s IT department and offers significant opportunity for learning and personal growth due to the varied nature of the technical projects the individual will be asked to manage.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of technology projects within the RSM UK IT Department. You will be responsible for planning, executing and delivering technology projects on time, within budget and scope. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the Technical Project Manager manages project teams and provides frequent and detailed project updates to senior management and project stakeholders. They will use their experience to unblock barriers as they arise, escalate concerns to senior management, and above all they are relentless in pushing through the project successfully and always keeping in mind the target business benefits.
The responsibilities are varied, but will include:
- Managing technically complex projects across multiple teams within the IT department, covering areas such as IT infrastructure, networks, upgrades/enhancements and software delivery
- Contributing to the technical design, architecture and planning of technology projects
- Assigning appropriate technical resource assignment
- Creating and executing and managing project plans
- Tracking project milestones
- Using a combination of waterfall and agile SCRUM methodologies tools and techniques to manage workload and project progress across teams
- Demonstrating and following best working practices in use the of technologies, keeping up to date with and communicating developments in the industry
- Contributing to agile meetings, including planning, review, retrospectives and daily stand ups
- Recommend strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organisation outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintain a quality service by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- Appraising outcomes; coaching, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
This role is in an agile team, collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders so excellent communication skills are essential. The right candidate will be experienced in the management of varied, large complex IT/technology projects. The candidate should have sufficient technical expertise to be able to offer technical insight into the progress of the project and identify and mitigate risks, and also be able to demonstrate a previous track record of delivering projects in a similar organisation, coming from an Infrastructure or DevOps environment.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent IT project management and team leadership skills - demonstrable experience of leading at least five complex IT projects within the context of a sizeable IT function
- Experience in the implementation of cloud, hybrid, and on-premise applications
- Experience and knowledge of IT infrastructure and projects within that domain, such as for example corporate networks, hosting, enterprise computing
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Strong knowledge of business objectives
- Experience in delivering projects under different process frameworks of lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall)
- In depth understanding of project management concepts
- Prince 2 Qualified
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Team Leadership
- Delivering Projects
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'