- Main Function of Job
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating, planning, execution and transition of IT projects (Infrastructure, Migration & IT Transformation) as required in line with defined roadmaps and project portfolio. Provide detailed reporting for specific projects relating to planning, implementation of installs and upgrades - ensuring management, control and documentation is achieved in accordance with change control and project governance procedures.
You will have a technical background and be comfortable working with Technical Leads from Infrastructure and Development teams taking ownership for project delivery from initiation all the way through to service transition into live service.
Technical Project Manager Responsibilities
As a senior member of the team you will be expected to drive forward our project delivery roadmap managing multiple projects with a variety of work streams and managed service suppliers. You will be responsible for ensuring all elements of Project delivery are covered including but not limited to;
- Project Reporting
- Stakeholder Management
- Ensure successful delivery through securing stakeholder buy-in, influencing and persuading resources to commit to delivery and removing barriers to delivery
- An understanding of technical elements to projects
- To ensure all project members are aware of their tasks and monitor progress
- Documentation of key project artefacts
Content of Work/Skills Required
- Strong organizational skills with proven track record of managing competing demands
- Experience in delivering complex IT Projects
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies such as IaaS, PaaS, SDN and other emerging technologies.
- Virtualisation technology awareness and understanding
- Strong understanding of Backup and Recovery, DR and Business Continuity.
- Experience in working with managed service providers and development teams.
- Experience working with AGILE/Scrum
- A self-motivated and engaging team member who is able to drive IT Transformation programme.
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- Ability to effectively manage high volumes of competing demand and priorities.
- Works well with others, strong communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Flexible and dynamic with the ability to drive projects to completion
- Prepared to travel to BCA locations as required
Proven track record in managing and integrating IT change program
- Project Management
- Implementation Experience