Our client is a heavy fabrication business based just to the East of Edinburgh. They have an ambitious growth strategy that requires a number of key roles; the Technical Manager is one of them. They are looking for can-do attitude that can not only oversee and develop the design team but can also work closely with other departments including sales, estimating and procurement to work out how customers requirement can best be fulfilled.
They are also looking at being more involved in the civils process and bidding for some erection and installation work. Knowledge of this area would be an advantage.
We are looking for a commercially aware leader with a Civil Engineering qualification and a background in design, preferably in the fabrication industry or similar.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the design and detailing processes.
- Control, manage and develop the Weld and Design aspects of the integrated management system.
- Assign design tasks to design and detailing engineers.
- Participate in tender, contract and technical reviews
- Maintain the Work Status and Design Priority Sheets
- Overall responsibility for the design verification and approval process
- Actively promote initiatives for continuous improvement
- Work closely with customers to ensure high standards of design that complies with customer and applicable regulatory requirements with minimal use of materials.
- Maintain, or have access to, copies of current and relevant national and international standards associated with design and compliance with EN 1090-1, ISO 14731 and ISO 3834.
- Efficient day-to-day planning and deployment of resources
Another option our client will explore is to take a Civil Engineering qualified Project Manager who can work with customers, feedback through the business, particularly design, estimation and production, and then be involved at the back end with the installation process. In this case the candidate must have experience of civil projects.
The role will report to the General Manager and will work in close collaboration with other departments such as sales, estimating and operations.
The company is privately owned and as mentioned is looking at achieving high growth. With this in mind they are looking for people who can roll their sleeves up and support areas of the business as necessary and also people with energy and enthusiasm for their job. We have placed some key people into the business in the past 12 months and will be happy to discuss the company culture and aspirations during the telephone screening process.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job