Technical Project Manager / Technical IT Infrastructure Project Manager
A highly successful and growing IT Managed Service Provider (MSP) is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager to manage the successful delivery of Infrastructure projects to enterprise-scale clients. This is a highly rewarding role, where you will gain experience delivering projects / technology solutions to a broad range of clients, often managing multiple projects concurrently.
In addition to the below criteria you will need to have a strong customer service mentality and a fairly in-depth understanding of infrastructure technologies, ideally gained through a technical/hands-on IT background. You will work closely with client-side stakeholders, delivering a variety of complex IT projects on time, within budget and to an exceptional standard whilst maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. You will work closely with the technical engineering team, "getting into the detail" to ensure effective delivery, and on occasion "rolling up your sleeves" to help out with technology when required.
Required experience / skills:
- A proven ability to manage the successful delivery of multiple complex IT projects
- An understanding of Prince2 and/or PM processes, tools and documentation including Project Plans, Risk Assessments, Change Requests etc.
- A strong commercial acumen and budget management experience
- An understanding of ITIL
- A strong technical knowledge of the following, ideally gained through a hands-on technical background:
- LAN, WAN and VPN
- Windows Server (2008 & 2012)
- Windows Server Infrastructure including Active Directory, DNS, DFS, DHCP etc
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, with a customer service focused mindset.
- A desire to remain technically sharp and a willingness to help in a technical capacity when required.
This position will pay up to £65,000 + corporate benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with an ambitious, successful MSP. As Technical Project Manager you will report directly to the Technical Projects Director, playing a pivotal role in the success of solution deliver and ultimately the growth of the MSP. Full Job Description available.
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job