Technical Project Manager- Robotic process automation (RPA)
NHS Shared Business Services
Salary: £38,000 to £40,000pa + 15% flexible benefits
This role is to support and manage the lifecycle of in house systems and system developments including software and hardware. The successful candidate will work with multiple partner organisations and internally to ensure effective delivery of change.
You will lead the change management/ implementation for specified internal Employment Services projects and will ensure the change work stream for each project level is managed in an effective and efficient manner to achieve the successful delivery of the stated business objectives for each project, at all times working within the principles of Prince 2 methodology.
You will acquire knowledge of the NHS SBS business, the NHS customer base and market and keep abreast of technological developments that could be of use to the business and its customers. The Technical Project manager will formulate proposals and produce business cases to assist the Programme Manager to deliver business change.
- Work with internal IT leading with scoping and identifying solutions, systems, applications that will deliver business change and financial and qualitative savings to Employment Services
- Programme manage the solutions, systems, applications transition post implementation to BAU
- In conjunction with the business teams Identify key processes that can be developed through systems and applications and create the road map for these developments
- Manage and mitigate the risks associated with these systems and applications
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Manage the implementation specifically regarding RPA and deliver the business case benefits
- Assist in the design and product lifecycle for the development of in house solutions and systems including regression testing and future design
- Support and deliver system Implementations to internal clients
- Deliver product demonstrations, workshops and familiarisation or end user training sessions
- Assist with new solution scoping, design and development
- Write and support associated training material
- Deliver and support business lines and colleagues in the delivery of financial targets and cost management
- To work closely with operational teams to ensure an integrated approach for any changes to systems and processes
- Occasional Weekend/after hours working for release testing as required
- Minimum of three years of business systems implementation or support experience
- Understanding of Dynamics CRM office 365
- Has implemented or has an understanding of Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Familiar with document Scanning Solutions
- Prince 2/ ITIL preferred or similar Project Management qualification
- Educated to masters level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in a specialist area
- A proven track record of delivering IT and other business systems related projects, and managing and co-ordinating delivery from multiple suppliers
- Minimum of three years IT/Technical Project Management or five years Project Management
- Understanding of Infrastructure and hosting of systems and solutions
- Execution of Lean and/or Six-sigma operational improvement projects
- Knowledge of the structure and workings of the NHS
- Change management experience
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
NHS Shared Business Services is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and values all employees as individuals. All applicants and employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Project Management
- Process Automation