Technical Project Manager - Events
Salary: £40k - £45k
Our client provides high quality lighting, audio, video and scenic solutions to the live events industry.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our clients’ team based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire in the role of Technical Project Manager.
The role will be heavily customer facing, working with existing clients to service a diverse range of projects as well as proactively seeking opportunities for business development. In the role you will see projects through from initial quotation to final delivery. You will lead teams on site delivering projects to a high standard and acting as an ambassador for the company.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in lighting / audio / video system design & implementation along with a good working knowledge of the latest technologies and best practice. You must be able to specify complete systems in at least one core discipline with an in-depth level of technical knowledge. You must be a hands-on leader, able to lead the deployment of systems and teams on site in a proactive manner.
You must be enthusiastic, eloquent and comfortable producing quotes, presenting to clients, handling budgets, managing logistics and growing / developing business opportunities. You must be able to demonstrate experience within the production industry and have a good range of professional contacts and knowledge alongside a positive, can-do attitude. You must possess excellent organisational skills and be highly computer literate. A familiarity with Autocad and Microsoft Office would be highly beneficial. Excellent interpersonal skills will be essential along with a good sense of humour!
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a friendly and passionate team that thrives on a challenge. We’ll reward you with a generous salary, opportunities for personal growth and a fun working environment with a group of people who care.
Technical Project Manager - Responsibilities:
• Ensure projects are delivered to a high standard, leveraging company resources to ensure company exceeds client expectations
• Liaise with clients to understand project requirements, briefs & deadlines
• Attend site visits & client meetings as required to develop projects collaboratively
• Interpret project briefs and work with internal specialist staff to translate them into technical designs & equipment specifications covering lighting, audio, video & scenic elements
• Cost and budget each project accurately and efficiently using Rental Management software
• Liaise with clients in a timely fashion as the project develops
• Keep specifications & budgets up to date as the project develops
• Create technical drawings to support project designs using Autocad
• Create project paperwork to communicate project requirements to internal & external staff
• Create Health & Safety paperwork to support project designs
• Manage logistics across multiple projects to ensure efficient and cost-effective use of internal & external resources
• Liaise with internal & external suppliers to ensure appropriate resourcing for each project
• Adopt a creative approach to problem solving and adapt and react to changing circumstances at speed
• Supervise projects on site, managing all aspects of delivery from load in to load out
• Supervise internal and external suppliers & staff on site to ensure the efficient delivery of projects
• Liaise with venues to build positive relationships and ensure projects are delivered within required parameters
• Liaise with clients on site to ensure their expectations are met at all times
• Finalise projects following completion, debriefing with clients, internal staff & external suppliers where required.
• Build & nurture long term relationships with clients
• Proactively seek opportunities for business development
• Act as an ambassador for the business at all times
• Seek to continually learn & grow your technical, project management & interpersonal skills
• Be comfortable asking for guidance & support when required
• Maintain a strong awareness of developing trends and technologies across Lighting, Audio, Video & staging technologies
• Be prepared to share your expertise to develop and grow other staff
• Ensure you are presentable at all times when face to face with clients
• Champion and promote best practice in all areas of project delivery
• Champion and promote best practice in all areas of Health & Safety
• Operate within all protocols and procedures
• Adopt a positive, can-do attitude to all challenges
• Support the Senior Leadership Team in developing processes and procedures to improve all aspects of the company’s operations
• Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested
Keywords: Technical Event Project Manager, Technology Project Manager, Event Project Manager, Project Management Coordinator, Technical Project Manager, Project Coordinator Project Manager, Technical Project Manager, Events Project Manager, EVENT PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR - LIVE & VIRTUAL, Senior Technical Project Manager, Event Technology Manager, Technical AV Event Manager, Project Manager - Events,
Right & Square Recruitment is an employment agency and employment business
- Client Meetings
- Live Events
- Delivering Projects
- Site Visits
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'