My client is a leading digital agency & software development company based in North London, they specialise in bespoke software development covering web apps, mobile apps and website design & development.
My client’s in-house digital design / UX team and a Search Marketing division specialising in SEO, PPC & Social Media across multiple sectors including Finance, Charity, Government, Recruitment and Property with a broad range of clients including BBC, Enterprise Finance, NHS, Galliard Homes, War Memorials Trust, Against Breast Cancer and Crisis.
They are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager with Business Analyst experience, ideally with experience working in an agile environment. As the successful candidate you will be working in our Technical Project Management team and will manage a number of projects in parallel, undertaking: Managing new project developments and
- Managing ongoing system changes for client projects
- Business analysis to capture and understand our clients’ requirements and workflows
- Project planning, scoping as well as managing the development teams
- Involvement with the QA team for new and ongoing system development testing
- Involvement with the Support team for major issues
Ideally you should have a technical (preferably software development) background who is currently a Technical Project Manager or Technical Team Leader who also has Business Analysis exposure, however we would also consider experienced Software Developers looking for their first move into a PM role.
The role would suit someone who is self-motivated and passionate about delivering high quality software. You must be a hard-working flexible, versatile and dedicated team player with a 'can do’ attitude to fit in our busy but relaxed working environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a challenge and to take a lead within our growing company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduated with a good degree
- Technical Project Management and business analysis experience, preferably within a Digital Agency / Software Development Company
- Experience creating and maintaining project plans
- Client-facing experience with the ability to analyse and understand client needs and requirements and develop strong client relationships
- Encountered the complete Software Development Life Cycle from requirements capture to operational handover
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be fluent in English with the ability to present and facilitate meetings
- A strong sense of analytical reasoning skills, common sense, be a creative problem-solver taking ownership of issues to the point of resolution
- Confidence in their own abilities and can inspire confidence in team members
Any experience of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of software development using the Agile methodology
- QA / Testing software experience
- Using JIRA in Agile environments
- Using ActiveCollab, BaseCamp or other online collaboration tools
- An Understanding of key web development principles and languages
My client offers a fantastic opportunity for talented individuals wanting to be part of the company’s ambitious expansion plans. A friendly in-house team of passionate professionals, and experience the relaxed office environment which comes with a games area to think, chill, or blow off steam, complete with games consoles, pool table, table tennis, and endless supply of fruit, chocolate, soft drinks and beer! A sociable team and have regular evenings out, pizza Friday, as well as out of town trips including abroad.
- Agile Environment