As a member of the team, you will draw upon exemplary program management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with a passion for creating reliable and maintainable solutions. You are open to new challenges, strong at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed, and a great teammate. The successful candidate should drive continuous process improvement and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and deliver
Key Responsibilities and expectations
* Breakdown programs into manageable work streams that will be considered as subproject
* Identify resources type and quantity required to achieve each sub-project
* Propose/optimize program timeline and resource allocation for each sub-project
* Coordinate activities between cross-functional teams in different locations including external partners
* Develop an evaluation method to assess program progress and identify risks early
* Manage overall program budget to ensure the goals are achieved on time and within the allocated budget
* Provide status updates regularly and in a variety of formats to ensure that partners and senior management are aware of progress and road-blockers
* Define a set of metrics that will help determine result quality and alignment with expectations
* Gain consensus on technical decisions following architecture guidelines and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results
* Always be looking for opportunities to improve process, in order to increase team output and team well being
* Ensure corporate guidelines are applied to the program and sub-project
* Ensure appropriate regulation is followed while delivering the program
* Proven experience in a Technical management role. (ex: managing technical teams in software development)
* Experience in managing local and remote team including third party vendors
* Proven experience in delivering large scale technical programs preferably in an open source software environment including scoping, timeline creation, project tracking, risk management, and process improvement.
* Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
* Proven experience in delivering project under following a specific regulation (ex: ISO 27001)
* Demonstrated experience in using Agile methodologies to conduct projects
* Good verbal and written communication skills, especially high ability to communicate effectively across cross functional teams
* Knowledge in using one of the standard project management methodology (ex: Prince 2)
* Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
* Able to dive into system design/architecture and contribute solutions and alternatives * Prior development experience and/or computer science related degree, preferred.
* Very good understanding of current open source software best practices
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (MS Project, SmartSheep etc.)
* Outstanding leadership, organizational and communication skills
This Technical Program Manager - Sports Betting position is based in Central London and is paying £70-75K + Bens.
- "Program Manager"
- "programme Manager"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'