By focusing on quality in everything Water Production does, we are committed to providing clean, safe and reliable drinking water, which complies with all the necessary regulatory standards and is available when our customers want it.
The Water Production Excellence team is a technical resource supporting front line operations in achieving three key challenges; 1. Maintain water quality compliance 2. Promote system resilience and 3. Drive cost efficiencies ensuring value-for-money for our customers.
To support the delivery of the above, we require additional Power/Energy specialists to join our existing Operational Excellence team to identify and deliver a range of improvement initiatives.
You are likely to have experience in one or more of the following:
- Energy management/optimisation experience acquired within the industry that uses assets including large and small pumps, generators, motors, etc
- LV and/or HV experience acquired in the above
- Metering and sub-metering data interpretation
- Investigating and improving supply resilience to reduce process interruptions
- Data & trend analysis specifically power related
- Undertaking cost-benefit analysis to support recommendations
- Project management of power-related operational and/or capital activities
- Technically Qualified in a Power/Energy discipline
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills as you will be working with colleagues and key stakeholders on a day to day basis
- Results-driven, continuously seeking new and improved ways of working
- Comfortable in taking the lead, a self-starter not reliant upon close supervision and guidance
- A logical and analytical mind and able to maintain a positive and professional approach when dealing with internal customers of all levels
These are unique roles, and you will drive operational continuous improvement through the delivery of multiple projects and initiatives that improve resilience and optimise energy consumption. Due to the nature of the roles, frequent travel across the Thames region will require you to have a full driving licence and a private car allowance will be available. You can be based at any of our production sites including; S. London (Hampton) NE London (Coppermills) SE London (Orpington) Reading (Fobney) and Thames Valley (Farmoor).
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'