The Company: I am currently working on behalf of a nationally renowned, and rapidly expanding IFA business who are looking to add an experienced Paraplanner to their Leeds city centre-based team. My client is a truly independent financial advice firm who adopt a really personal, tailored approach to financial planning and require an experienced financial services professional to join their team. As one of the fastest growing firms in the UK their core market is private wealth focused; inclusive of investments, pensions, protection & IHT/tax planning) with group/auto-enrolment services also offered.
The Role: As a Paraplanner you would be working as part of a productive, high performing team to provide full support to the Advisers. Your role would be to offer the most efficient, professional and effective client service possible with a high focus on quality and accuracy. Your duties would include:
- Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires etc. as provided by the Financial Advisers to gain an understanding of the client requirements discussed and agreed.
- Undertake quotes using relevant in-house platforms or request quotes from external providers.
- Undertake the necessary research and analysis, including:
- Fund analysis
- Product comparison
- Product analysis
- Fund research
- Charges analysis
- Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit the client’s needs, uploading the report into the system for the Financial Adviser to pick up remotely.
- Discuss the reports with the Financial Adviser, amending as necessary.
- Pre-populate client application forms ready for the Financial Adviser to discuss with the client.
- Record, monitor and report on progress, completing the weekly logs to enable the Senior Paraplanner to review workflow across the team.
- Report obstacles and deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser and Client Services Associate, so that client expectations are appropriately managed.
The Person: The successful candidate will have the QCF level 4 Financial Planning Diploma Qualified (or equivalent professional qualification), or at the very least be progressing towards this. However, if part-qualified 4-5 years of hands on practical experience would be required as well as demonstrable paraplanning experience in at least some of the following:
- Pension research: O&M
- Fund & Portfolio research: FE Analytics
- Protection and/or annuity research: Avelo Exchange
- Cash flow research and risk profiling: Voyant & Distribution Technology
- Wrap comparison: Wrap comparator
And ideally you will have an experience of, or and understanding and a willingness to work with a centralised investment proposition, including Single fund multi-asset/multi-manager solutions, Discretionary Fund Managers and Model Portfolios.
What next? Please send CV applications to Chris at CB3 Associates Ltd and they will be reviewed inside 24 hours. And for further opportunities we are working on within the financial services sector please visit the website below: