We’re looking for a Technical Packaging Operator to become part of our busy production team at Camden Town Brewery Enfield.
Camden Town Brewery is the leading craft beer in the UK with double digit annual growth and turnover of £17m after just 7 years. With 2 breweries; starting in the railway arches of Kentish Town West in 2010 and growing to Enfield last year, we make award winning beers include Hells lager and Pale Ale. We are listed in over 2800 outlets across London, Bristol, Brighton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Edinburgh, Nottingham, New York, Paris, Norway & Sweden. Camden drinkers love our beer. We have very strong and engaged consumers with brand engagement scores over 90%, sell-out brewery tours and thousands attending our annual Tank Party.
Our beer has only four key ingredients but our brewery has over 100: The Camden Beer Team. It’s these people who make Camden what it is. Without them, we wouldn’t be Camden. We love our brand and are all passionate about what we do.
About The Role:
In this role you will be responsible for operating packaging machinery across bottling, canning and kegging at the highest efficiency, ensuring the beer being packaged is of the highest quality both inside and outside the packaging and being involved in maintenance associated with the line centres. The new lines in Enfield are capable of up to 12,000 units per hour across bottling and canning and 180 kegs per hour for kegging. This role will work over a 24hr shift period as required, and may require weekend work.
How We Do It:
• Safety - in packaging operations and across the plant.
• Quality and adhering to established methods and procedures.
• Housekeeping and ensuring a clean, tidy and organized environment.
• Delivery of product in-spec, on-time.
• Accuracy of paperwork.
• Minimising environmental footprint and raw material and product wastage.
• Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times. You must ensure your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties.
• Cleaning and general housekeeping; you must maintain a clean environment for the production of packaged beer.
• To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
• Execute all necessary packaging and warehouse operations - keg, can and bottle.
• Ensure all paperwork and QC checks are completed in-full to an acceptable standard.
• Reporting out of specification product to the Packaging Manager or Team Leaders prior to proceeding.
• Routine maintenance of packaging equipment (i.e. hygiene, changing gaskets, seals, planned maintenance checks etc).
• Troubleshooting; report breakdowns and damage caused to equipment and assist where required in resolving the issue.
• Assist with projects and be an active member of continuous improvement teams as necessary.
• Carry out any other duties as agreed with company management.
Who We’re Looking For:
• Working knowledge of packaging operations.
• Knowledge of quality control and assurance processes.
• Relevant hands on plant aptitude - excellent problem solving skills.
• Relevant technical qualification (science, engineering, brewing, packaging or winemaking) is advantageous, although not strictly required.
• Good team working and communication skills.
• Some experience in laboratory operations is desirable, although not strictly required.
• Must possess a passion for the Brewing Industry.
• Trade skills and/or a fork lift license would be an advantage.
What We Offer:
• Weekly beer allowance.
• Beer Team Friday Lunch, on us.
• Full Beer Team induction with Camden Academy.
• Try the Camden Pilot Kit for one keg wonders.
• A diverse and energetic working environment.
• The Camden Run Club goes every Wednesday with a pint at the finish line.
• Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and Private Healthcare.
• Train, develop and learn what really makes you tick here at Camden.
• We’re proud to be a Living Wage Employer.
- Packaging Machinery
- Problem Solving
- Working Team
- Fast Thinking