Our client has an opportunity for a Technical Operator (T2) to join the team based in Northwich. Joining them on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary plus benefits.
Founded in 1923, they are the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $14 billion and 45,000 associates, they deliver comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimise water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality, commercial laundry and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
The Technical Operator (T2) will operate machinery, process filling equipment and undertake all necessary duties to defined performance standards to achieve required production plan. In addition provide technical assistance to resolve breakdowns or running issues in respective areas of operation and resolve root causes of recurrent technical issues in a structured way and support the team through delivery of allocated maintenance tasks, undertaking a proactive role in any improvement initiatives. The T2 operator will report functionally to the Production Manager and day to day for plant operations to the Production Team Leader. The T2 operator will report technically to the Maintenance Manager for accountability relating to maintenance issues.
What you will do as the Technical Operator (T2):
- Understand and comply with all safety, health and environmental standards on site
- Prepare equipment for maintenance and issue of Permits to Work
- Carry out first line troubleshooting of equipment downtime
- Maintain hygiene and housekeeping standards by ensuring 5S systems are effectively deployed and allocated AM activities are being carried out, coaching other team members as needed
- Follow all quality procedures including routine testing and monitoring of performance trends taking action to ensure product quality always meets the required specification
- Following standard operating procedures proposing and implementing improvements to deliver line efficiencies
- Contribute fully to TPM improvement teams, promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Follow all correct start up and shut down procedures
- Follow correct safety procedures at all times including ensuring the plant is correctly isolated and the correct permits are in place before commencing any work on any machine
- Maintain correct operational conditions and take corrective actions to achieve maximum output and quality performance
- Undertake scheduled maintenance activities during planned maintenance slots and complete maintenance documentation required
- Use unplanned downtime to effectively prioritise work on areas known to reduce line performance
- Respond to and rectify minor breakdowns or machine problems resolving root causes of recurrent issues and implementing preventative actions
- Use TPM methodology to work with team members and technical colleagues to improve machine and process efficiency as well as reducing machine stoppages
- Support development of other operators (new and existing) through effective training
Knowledge, skills and experience required by the Technical Operator (T2):
- HNC or equivalent qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering or time served apprentice
- Minimum 4 years relevant industrial experience where you have demonstrated the mechanical, electrical or chemical skills
- Full understanding of TPM and experience in using associated tools and techniques
- Good level of education required in both numeracy and literacy as well as communication skills in local language are necessary to perform effectively
- Proven ability to complete logs, worksheets and record information (including graphically) clearly and legibly
- Competent in use of Microsoft office (PowerPoint, Excel and word). ability to use E-mail, and manage all processes and procedures through use of electronic systems
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Technical Operator (T2) then they want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"