To ensure the efficient and effective processing of technical information for the UK Branch, including any other branches or entities for which the UK Branch is responsible. This includes meeting all agreed service and data quality standards, both internal and external.
Key Result Areas:
Ensure that all underwriting data is processed promptly and accurately within the requisite systems: Where data is manually processed from a prescribed processing form, ensure that:
- The processing form has been checked & authorised by an underwriting technician or manager
- All data contained in the processing form is accurately entered into the relevant fields within the relevant system.
- Any missing, incomplete or unclear data items from the form are queried with the underwriting technician for resolution, before processing continues.
- Any warnings appearing in the relevant system during data processing are immediately brought to the attention of an underwriting technician for resolution, before processing continues.
- Where data is automatically transferred from another underwriting system into the relevant system, ensure that:
- The system data is complete and accurate, by reference to the control reports created by the relevant integration.
- Any missing, incomplete or unclear data items in the relevant system are queried with the underwriting technician for resolution and subsequent amendment.
Data entry includes, but is not exclusively: policy creation; new business premiums; renewal premiums; endorsements; policy cancellation, terrorism; co-insurances; reinsurances, taxes, other deductions, lead office expenses, risk management fees etc:
- Data quality is the responsibility of the job holder and any errors or omissions must be corrected promptly, liaising with underwriting technicians, underwriters, credit control & other teams as appropriate
Ensure that underwriting files are kept up to date and maintained in accordance with agreed filing protocols:
- This includes both paper files and electronic files.
- Archiving and retrieval from archive of cancelled policy files and other policy information
Ensure that e-accounting electronic broker closing notifications are checked and actioned on a daily basis:
- Check e-accounting mailbox on a daily basis and identify new broker closings requiring action
- Check all closings received against data processed & query any differences, liaising with underwriting technicians, underwriting teams and credit control as appropriate to verify accuracy of closings and/or original entries booked
- Cancel incorrect data entries and process amendments as required, updating file documentation as appropriate
- Agree on accounting closings once entries are agreed.
- Following the closings routines for closings presented using this facility
Responsible for adhering to the agreed technical operations processes:
- Assist in updating of procedure manuals as required
- In conjunction with other Technical Operations team members, review existing processes regularly and challenge the status quo
Responsible for meeting agreed service standards:
- Ensure any actual or potential failures are identified and reported promptly, to the underwriting technician and relevant Underwriting Team(s).
Depending on the role performed, data processing will also involve other specific systems and tasks. These include:
- Review and preparation of risk location data received in spreadsheet form for import into the company’s catastrophe analysis tool. Perform the import, review and report the results, making appropriate data corrections as required.
- Entering premiums onto Fronting web system for intra-group transactions, liaising effectively with Fronting Partners/Group offices as needed, including initiation of escalation procedures as required
- Answering cash queries received from credit control, liaising with underwriting technician and relevant Underwriting Team(s) and processing correcting entries as appropriate.
To proactively participate in projects or other initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the UK Branch.
To undertake any other tasks as requested.
It is a pre-requisite that ACII studying is undertaken for this role, minimum to Certificate level for a young or inexperienced candidate. A candidate with more experience will not have the same requirement.
Specific Job Related Skills
- Good GCSE and/or A levels.
- Competent and accurate user of IT systems, including bespoke company systems to capture and monitor data; Microsoft Outlook, Excel (Intermediate level competency) and Word
- Able to organise own workload and balance conflicting demands effectively to meet service standards
- Deadline focused, able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Understand financial impact of technical data processed
- Excellent communication skills
The training programme for this role will include job rotation in other roles/teams within the Operations & Finance Department to ensure that the job holder has a good all round appreciation of the entire departmental responsibilities.
- Administrative Support
- Commercial Insurance
- Data Processing
- Technical Operations
- Technical Information