Technical & Operations Engineer - North Island - New Zealand
Our client based in Masterton, Wairarapa have developed leading edge medical devices incorporating the premium Manuka Honey. These innovative and highly effective products are based upon a strong foundation of well researched and scientifically proven science, where they supply their range of products into national and global markets.
Due to growth and increase in demand for their products, they are boosting the production from their purposely built state of the art plant in Masterton. They are now seeking a proven Operations Manager with a Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electrical background ideally experienced in the Medical Device/Pharmaceutical sector. You will be responsible for planning and coordination of all plant operations for manufacturing facility involving engineering and production whilst maintaining ISO 13485 and cGMP compliance.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Establish and manage the NZ manufacturing team.
- Provide the team with vision, information and leadership that informs and motivates performance.
- Manage the selection, installation, and utilisation of equipment and tooling for the manufacture of products in NZ.
- Have a thorough understanding of the manufacturing equipment on-site, perform preventive maintenance and develop contingency plan to ensure the plant is operational to meet the demands in a timely fashion.
- Manage the manufacturing facility and building requirements to ensure continued compliance of the facility.
- Develop and contribute towards maintaining technical files for medical devices (ex: mechanical drawings, packaging and integrity testing, product concepts and validation reports) in coordination with validation engineer.
- Provide engineering and technical inputs to New Product Development (New device development) from concept to market by coordinating with technical experts, product development team, doctors and end users.
- Seek opportunities for product improvement, quality, and cost minimisation with a continuous focus on process improvement.
- Manage the operational budget.
- Validate building, cleanroom, and processes for Licence to Manufacture (cGMP/PICs) along with Quality Engineer.
- Work with suppliers and manufacturers to refine product specifications
- Manage ongoing manufacturing work flow, including scheduling and assisting Production Supervisor.
- Ensures all Health and Safety policy and procedures are understood and adhered with.
To be considered for this role you will need to possess the following skills and attributes:
- Qualifications and/or experience in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering, Engineering Design or similar.
- Proven experience in leading a production team, ideally in a similar manufacturing and engineering/maintenance based environment. Experience in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable.
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise in a busy, fast paced commercial environment.
- A pro in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills where you are able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business.
- Well-developed negotiation skills to achieve successful outcomes.
- Strong leadership skills with a personable and positive attitude.
- A team player where you are willing to work ’hands on’ wherever necessary.
This is a really exciting opportunity to utilise your technical and management capabilities and 'make your mark’ within a business which is expanding rapidly in international markets. Reporting to the General Manager, key to your success will be your ability to provide strong operations support and come up with 'out of the box’ ideas to what could often be challenging situations whilst managing any technical or resourcing problems to ensure streamlined execution of operational projects.
The company offers competitive salary package commensurate with your experience and offering to the position.
To learn more about this professionally rewarding opportunity, apply online today with a CV and Cover letter in WORD format only, quoting job number 02/1803/PB
- Mechanical Design
- Production Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"