Technical Operations Analyst
Location: Teddington, Middlesex
Salary: up to £45,000
Our client is a national provider of healthcare and social care software and patient management systems. As a Technical Operations Analyst you will provide a wide range of deployment & support services to customers as well as internal staff.
The role encompasses the deployment, management, monitoring and support of both customer and internal production and non-production systems.
As a Technical Operations Analyst you will ideally have the majority of the skills below:
- Good understanding of cloud technologies and SaaS concepts
- Good understanding of shell scripting
- Good understanding of ITIL and ITSM concepts and foundation
- Basic understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Git
- Experience working within a Technical Services support or deployment role
- Good understanding of web server, application server & security architectures including Apache Tomcat
- Solaris or Linux experience with preference to Solaris 10/11 and RedHat/Ubuntu Linux
If you come from a support role in a DevOps environment that would be very desirable but not essential.
In this Technical Operations Analyst role you will perform the following tasks:
- Proactively manage the day to day issues raised by the customer base
- Proactively monitor customer environments to ensure they're operational and performant
- Actively contribute to monitoring and alerting strategy and approach, using continuous improvement to ensure monitoring is sufficient and appropriate for the environment and customer
- Deploy internal and customer environments on demand, with an understanding of the build process and ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with the deployment and operation of environments
- Receive & update calls on behalf of customers using our support desk system ensuring accurate data entry.
- Determine the actions required to resolve operational / product problems, escalating as required to minimise the impact to individual customers and the organization as a whole.
- Proactively keep customers informed throughout all stages of all processes by phone, email and instant messenger.
- Update records throughout all stages of all processes so customers and colleagues can view the latest information at any time
This Technical Operations Analyst role is based in Teddington, Middlesex and pays a salary up to £45,000