Technical Officer - Mine Gas
Here at the Coal Authority we have a fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Technical Officer - Mine Gas. You will join us on a full time, permanent basisin return for a competitive salary of £22,062 - £31,352 per annum.
You can be forgiven if you’ve never heard of us before. We think we’re pretty unique here at the Coal Authority where we are making a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We’re a great bunch of people to work with. We all have united passion and desire to live and breathe our values. We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important. There are a number of benefits that you’ll be able to access being a part of our inclusive team including flexi time, 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time), civil service pension scheme, gym membership contribution, and professional membership.
Our Technical Officer - Mine Gas role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Technical Officer to work within the Public Safety and Subsidence Department in dealing with a range of coal mining related issues.
This important role will assist the department in fulfilling its statutory obligations but will concentrate on mine gas monitoring and investigations and the management and maintenance of monitoring equipment throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
The role will be based at our Mansfield site but due to the locations of our sites, the role will involve occasional overnight stays away from home the ability to drive is a necessity.
Responsibilities of our Technical Officer - Mine Gas:
- Assist in the management of coal mining subsidence damage claims and coal mining surface hazard projects within defined statutory and internal frameworks.
- Assist in carrying out mine gas investigations and monitoring
- Assist with the management and maintenance of monitoring equipment
- Undertake mine gas data processing and management
- Assist with the management of mine gas vents and data collected from them
- Assist and undertake field related tasks as required which may include the inspections of properties, borehole inspections, liability sites, undertaking monitoring and sampling;
- Assist and supervise contractors and consultants undertaking research, investigations and remediation;
- Act as a public interface, representing the Authority and dealing with live enquiries from members of the public, and other relevant parties.
- Undertake desk top assessments using the Corporate Browser for such things as shafts, outcrops, shallow and deep mine locations, faults, etc.
- Learning and developing into the role, attaining expertise in the field of mine gas
- Assist project managers in delivery of projects to time and budget.
- Actively participate in the Authority’s knowledge transfer programme, acquiring relevant knowledge and understanding of other roles/departments where necessary.
What we’re looking for in ourTechnical Officer - Mine Gas:
- A level or equivalent in Mathematics, Geography and a science based subject
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- A strong teamwork ethic
- A commitment to on-going learning & development
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Willingness to develop & make use of commercial acumen
- Willingness to contribute to the Authority’s corporate strategy
- A positive attitude to collaborative working
- Flexibility to move between departments during the placement phase
- Flexibility in working hours
- Ability to travel – Work nationally at times
- Driving Licence
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Technical Officer - Mine Gas then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you.
Closing date: Wednesday 16th December 2020
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'